Delicious for dinner or as a holiday side, this easy and healthy Chicken and Grape Holiday Slaw is filled with crunchy cabbage, sweet grapes, spicy onion and takes just 10 minutes to throw together.
If someone asked me to define “Monday”, I would probably just tell them about my day. To be honest, it really wasn’t that bad. Surely, my day could have been far worse. However, a migraine combined with a surprise phone call from my child’s school asking me to come in because he hit a girl, well, that is never the way I want to start my week.
So, serious question, fellow parents- how do you teach your kids not to be little ass holes?
Don’t get me wrong, my little monster child (that I love and adore) can be the sweetest, but he walks all over me. I am like putty in his hands. I am one of those people who want to maintain the peace all the time and make everyone happy, so naturally, this extends to my child.
But, I can’t raise an ass hole. There are too many of those in this world. I always promised that if I contributed to our exploding population, I would contribute a good one (sorry kid, no pressure). I do not expect perfection or brilliance, but I will not raise an ass hole.
So…advice? tips? things to avoid?
Ah, yes, Monday…
Anyway, this holiday slaw. This is one of my favorites. It actually reminds me of THIS salad from earlier this year which remains one of my fallback dinners when I’m too lazy to cook, but need something healthy. It’s got everything you could possibly want- salty, sweet, fresh, crunchy, spicy. It’s just all good.
Of course, if you’re vegetarian, you can absolutely leave the chicken out. However, as someone who occasionally likes to eat high veggie and protein dinners with fewer carbs, this cabbage and chicken holiday slaw is dinner magic.
On that note, wish me luck. It’s bedtime routine…
10 Minute Chicken and Grape Holiday Slaw
For the Salad
- 1 head green cabbage - shredded
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup slivered candied almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 red onion - small, thinly sliced
- 1-2 cups red grapes - halved
- 1/3 cup parsley - finely chopped
- Prepare the dressing. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a jar and seal with tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously to combine. Set aside until ready to use (may be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator).
- Place ingredients for the salad in a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine. Drizzle with prepared salad dressing and toss well.
If you love this Chicken and Grape Holiday Slaw, you may also enjoy-