Since it seems stuffing sweet potatoes is all the rage these days, it occurred to me last month, post Thanksgiving, why not stuff them with all the amazing leftovers from the holidays?! I’ve mentioned in previous posts that sweet potato casseroles, or sweet potatoes in general, were a rare guest on my family dining table. But, oh how I love a good sweet potato! and since discovering them a few years ago I always miss them at holiday time. My solution? Overflow a steaming hot sweet potato with all the leftovers of Thanksgiving and Christmas. Anything goes, my friends. Ham, turkey, green bean casserole, corn, cranberry sauce, stuffing, anything and everything!
Just in case you’re new to the sweet potato party, here’s how you bake them…
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with tin foil.
- Scrub sweet potato under running water and dry well with paper towel.
- Poke all over with a fork.
- Place sweet potatoes on cookie sheet and put in oven for 30 minutes.
- Flip over and set timer for 30 more minutes (15 minutes if they are on the smaller side).
- You know they are done when you can easily insert a fork.
Like sweet potatoes as much as me? check out these southwestern stuffed sweet potatoes