Fresh fruit salsa, quinoa, and roasted broccolini pair up with Omega-rich salmon in this crazy easy and super healthy Macadamia Crusted Salmon with Pineapple Mango Salsa.Jump to Recipe
Salmon is one of my all-time favorite dinner foods. Actually, all fish is pretty much my favorite. However, given the availability of salmon and that it is currently not endangered, it’s an easy pick. That said, it’s something my family and I only eat two to three times per month due to the current depletion of our oceans.
Anyway, whoops, I’m getting off topic. I am definitely not here to talk about sustainability or fish populations. Definitely another time. But for today you guys are safe.
Today I’m here to talk about this Macadamia Crusted Salmon with the most delicious Mango Pineapple Salsa. And by talk about it, I simply mean that you guys should make it because-
- the omegas. it’s salmon, so you know there are lots of awesome omegas in there.
- it’s the easiest recipe ever. don’t be fooled by all the color, or the words “crusted salmon”, this fantastic meal is EASY!
- this recipe contains all the essential food groups. there’s your protein, veggies, grains, fruit, and (healthy) fat.
- it takes the saying, eat the rainbow, literally. Ok, almost.
- gluten-free (almost). ok, so there are breadcrumbs in there, but those can easily be substituted for Gluten-Free breadcrumbs.
The only thing missing from this Macadamia Crusted Salmon plate is avocado, and I say this only because I am an avocado addict.
So here are the steps:
1. Place the salmon and broccolini on a baking sheet drizzled with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
2. Prepare the Macadamia coconut topping. Remove salmon and top with macadamia topping. Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes.
3. As the salmon bakes prepare the mango pineapple salsa.
4. Remove salmon from the oven.
5. Serve macadamia crusted salmon with quinoa, roasted broccolini, mango pineapple salsa, and lime wedges.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please share it using the hashtag #theforkedspoon or by tagging @theforkedspoon on INSTAGRAM! Follow The Forked Spoon on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Fresh fruit salsa, quinoa, and roasted broccolini pair up with Omega-rich salmon in this crazy easy and super healthy Macadamia Crusted Salmon with Pineapple Mango Salsa.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1 pound broccolini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts ground
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes ground
- 3 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 pineapple diced
- 1 mango peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 8 strawberries stemmed and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place salmon fillets on the baking sheet skin-side-down (if your salmon has skin on) and surround with the broccolini. Drizzle the salmon and broccolini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer the salmon to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, and panko to the bowl of a food processor and process until ground and crumbly. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the salt and melted coconut oil until fully combined.
Remove salmon from the oven after 5 minutes. Brush with olive oil and pile a small layer of the macadamia mixture on the top, gently pressing down. Return baking sheet to the oven and bake for an additional 8-12 minutes, or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
Remove from the oven.
Add the diced pineapple, mango, red onion, and strawberries to a large bowl. Gently mix to combine. Add the fresh chopped cilantro and lime juice to the bowl and mix.
Serve the macadamia crusted salmon with a side of quinoa, roasted broccolini, and a big scoop of pineapple mango salsa.
If you enjoy this Macadamia Crusted Salmon with Pineapple Mango Salsa, you may also enjoy-