This post for Sausage Stuffed Peppers has been sponsored by Carnivor. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Made with just five simple ingredients, these Sausage Stuffed Peppers are an easy and delicious home-cooked meal the whole family will love! Serve with a glass of Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon and enjoy this fantastic meal in addition to some well deserved “me-time”.
If you have visited this site before, then you know how much I love a good, fast and easy dinner recipe. Weekdays are busy; the last thing most of us need at the end of the day is to spend hours shopping and cooking to get dinner on the table.
Unless you want to. In which case, please come to cook for me!
No, I’m not.
Anyway, today I am super excited to share this fantastic, delicious, and super easy home-cooked meal for you guys from Simpli 5 Recipes, offering time-saving, simplified home-cooked meal solutions and wine pairings!
For this recipe and others like it, visit simpli5meals.com
Great for busy weeknights or weekend entertaining, these sausage stuffed peppers are absolutely delicious and easy to customize.
Ingredients needed to make these Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- Bell peppers
- Ground pork sausage
- Cooked rice
- Fresh oregano
- Parmesan cheese
What is the best pork for these Sausage Stuffed Peppers
I am lucky enough to live next to a market that sells ground pork in a bunch of different flavor varieties. I actually just discovered this about six months ago, and since then, I now find myself cooking with ground pork at least a few times each month.
For this recipe, I picked a spicy Italian sausage since I love spicy sausage. However, any ground pork, chicken, turkey, beef, or combination will taste wonderful. If you can’t find ground pork in bulk (aka you can only find it in the sausage casing), simply remove the casing before cooking.
If you don’t like spicy pork, feel free to pick your favorite or season with your own herb mix. Fresh oregano, as mentioned, is a must. Additional recommendations include dried Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and sweet paprika.
Tips and Tricks for making the best Sausage Stuffed Peppers
- Remember to add water to the bottom of the pan and cover with aluminum foil. The purpose of the water is to help steam the peppers so that they can soften. The aluminum foil, just as important as the water, helps trap the steam and prevent the tops of the peppers from burning.
- If, however, you like a little charring around the tops of your peppers, set your oven to broil at the very end of cooking. Keeping a close watch on your peppers, broil for approximately 3-5 minutes, or until charred to the desired doneness.
- Keep the sausage to rice ratio approximately even. Of course, if you really love ground pork this won’t apply to you, but I find that the rice is fantastic at soaking up all the delicious flavors of the pork and helps prevent the meal from feeling too heavy.
- Try to purchase bell peppers that are round and fat and stand up without falling over. It’s not always easy to find a bunch of these, but if you can, these are the best for stuffing.
- If you have time, make extra. Sausage stuffed peppers make the best leftovers!
- For anyone 21+, serve with a glass of Carnivor Cabernet Sauvignon. You can thank me later.
CHECK OUT OTHER WINE PAIRINGS WITH ALMOST MALBEC, ECCO DOMANI PINOT GRIGIO, MIRASSOU PINOT NOIR, CARNIVOR CABERNET SAUVIGNON, AND STARBOROUGH SAUVIGNON BLANC ON SIMPLI5MEALS.COM
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!