Whether you know me in real life or just on the internet then you probably know that I love coffee. Thankfully, this is something the husband and I have in common, so we both understand that until our morning coffee has been had, we are not truly functional human beings. Unfortunately, this is something Octavian has yet to understand.
Our coffee obsession has progressed over the years from a simple coffee machine, to a french press and finally to our beloved stove-top espresso maker. The espresso pot has worked just fine, however, sometimes, I don’t always want to wait for my coffee. Or, much much worse, I don’t have time to wait for it to brew, and so I have to carry on without the rich, creamy latte that I dream about as I sleep (true story).
When De’Longhi asked me to review their new De’Longhi Lattissima Touch Automatic Cappuccino System with Nespresso premium espresso capsules, I couldn’t say yes fast enough. The latest addition to the best-selling Lattissima line, it offers a simple, one touch method for making delicious, authentic espresso beverages in your own home.
After more than a month using this awesome little espresso maker, here are the top 5 reasons why the De’Longhi Lattissima Touch is an awesome holiday gift and the best part of my morning (aside from, of course, kisses from my boys)…
5 REASONS WHY THE DE’LONGHI LATTISSIMA TOUCH ESPRESSO MAKER SHOULD BE ON YOUR GIFT/WISH LIST
- The coffee tastes awesome: If the coffee isn’t good what’s the point, right? Well, this coffee is gooooood. While I wouldn’t call myself a coffee ‘expert’, I can taste the difference between good coffee and bad, and this little machine brews some delicious espresso. Every morning I get to sip on a creamy, hot, fresh soy latte without leaving my house (or changing out of my pjs).
- It’s so easy, anyone can use it: I knew the coffee would be delicious, but was it easy to use? I am not the most tech savvy person in the world, so learning how to use new machines always makes me nervous. You guys, this machine is a piece of cake. The new ‘tactile’ control panel has 6 one-touch drinks (ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, latte, milk) and super convenient light alerts. In other words, enjoy authentic coffee-house coffee with just the push of a button. This will be even more awesome when family and friends come to visit (yay for the holidays!). In the past, no one ever knew how to use our stove-top espresso pot, so I always felt rushed to get coffee going. Besides, the pot only made enough espresso for a couple drinks. Now, thanks to the De’Longhi Lattissima Touch, family can brew their own coffee whenever they want. That’s right, no waiting. Ever. (ok, it does take 20 seconds to brew)
- It’s the gift that keeps on giving: Most people who drink coffee will drink a cup every day and most people who love coffee will drink a cup, two or three or four times a day (I am the four a day type). Therefore, the De’Longhi Lattissima Touch Automatic Cappuccino System is, quite literally, the gift that keeps on giving.
- You’ll save the recipient a lot of money in the long run: Every time I step into a coffee shop and hand over $5 for a simple soy latte, I always feel a little sad (and then angry) afterwards. Authentic, delicious, coffee shop beverages should not leave me feeling sad. I should feel happy. Thankfully, the De’Longhi Lattissima Touch Automatic Cappuccino System creates the same perfectly layered espresso beverages, with dense, rich, long-lasting foam at a fraction of the cost. Smiles all around.
- It’s small and compact and a breeze to clean up: Kitchen counter space is always a concern of mine. I have a decent sized kitchen, yet somehow, the counters are always covered in cooking machines and gadgets and dishes (ok, this probably has something to do with having a food blog). I was very concerned we wouldn’t have enough space to keep the De’Longhi Lattissima Touch out on the counter, which, let’s face it, would take away from it’s convenience. Thankfully, I worried for nothing, as it has taken up permanent residence on our counter without any notice. The streamlined designed delivers maximum functionality with an extremely small footprint, saving on counter space. It’s not just small, it’s easy to clean, too. I hate cleaning more dishes than I absolutely have to, so it’s imperative that I not own a coffee machine that is a pain to clean up.
Now that you’ve heard my take on this awesome little espresso machine, what are some other key features you can expect from this machine? Well, let me tell you…
- Nespresso Capsule System: Uses recyclable aluminum capsules that contain the finest espressos for authentic taste without measuring or cleanup.
- More Flavor: De’Longhi’s patented espresso extraction system creates the ideal flow of water with 19 bars of pressure – the ultimate amount for drawing the most flavor and desired temperature in each cup.
- Thermoblock Heating System: No need to wait for a delicious espresso. The Themoblock heating system speeds cold-start heating time in seconds.
- Large-Capacity Water Tank: Makes refilling as quick and simple as making your beverages.
- All drinks may be personalized and memorized, by varying the quantity of milk and of coffee.
- Sliding drip tray, to allow use of both coffee cups and glasses for latte macchiato.
- Auto Power off mode setting after 9 minutes from the last coffee, can by changed to 30 min. or 8 hours
Facts and details aside, this really is an awesome espresso maker. It’s the perfect gift for anyone who loves and appreciates great coffee and wants a machine that is both user-friendly and small in size. I can already think of at least ten people who would love to have this caffeine machine in their life, and a couple who actually need it.
If your holiday shopping is finished, you can always put it on your wish list. Or, better yet, gift yourself!
Happy coffee drinking!
Retail price: $499.99
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of DELONGHI. The opinions and text are all mine.