I’ve written about my love affair with peanut butter before, but just in case you’re new here (Hi! Welcome!) I’ll just say that my love borders on obsession. Peanut Butter is my go-to food group (yes, I said food group) for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and dessert.
Peanut butter is my happy place.
Jif Peanut Butter has always and forever been my favorite peanut butter brand. It was the brand my Mom always smeared on my classic PB&J sandwiches and has continued to be the jar I reach for at the market and give Octavian.
It’s the good stuff.
Then my peanut butter happiness was taken to the next level while browsing the peanut butter aisle at Walmart; I saw them, Jif Flavored Spreads in Maple Peanut Butter and Cinnamon Peanut Butter. I didn’t even know it was possible to make peanut butter even more delicious (it is). AND, it doesn’t stop there! Right next to the peanut butter spreads there were also Jif Hazelnut Spreads in Cookies ‘n Cream, Chocolate Cheesecake and Salted Caramel (but, I’ll save those for another day). So, I did what any crazy peanut butter lady would do and filled my Walmart cart with one of every flavor.
It’s as if Jif tapped into my peanut butter dreams and made every single one of them come true. I would tell you my favorite flavor (just to make the decision process easier for you), but it’s literally impossible. They are all so good.
You can imagine my excitement when the J.M. Smucker Company asked me to share a few of my favorite ways to eat these delicious spreads (other than with a spoon directly out of the jar).
I love waffles. Octavian loves waffles. My husband loves waffles. As you can imagine, we eat waffles at least once a week. The great thing about waffles is they don’t all have to be eaten right away. You can save some in the refrigerator or even in the freezer. In fact, I usually stock up and store a big bag in the freezer to get us through the month. These frozen waffles can be enjoyed any time of day for a fast and easy breakfast, lunch or dinner. Thanks to a little help from Jif Peanut Butter, here’s one easy way to turn plain waffles into a healthy breakfast.
Maple Peanut Butter Banana Breakfast Waffles with Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread
Belgian Buttermilk Waffles with JIF Peanut Butter SpreadsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For the Waffles:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk - or 2 cups milk mixed with 3 tablespoons white vinegar and allowed to sit for 10 minutes
- 3/4 stick - 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and brought to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- Non-stick spray for the waffle iron
- 2 tablespoons Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread
- 1 ripe banana - peeled and chopped
- 1.5 teaspoons maple syrup - optional
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter and eggs and gently whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spray heated waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and pour approximately 1/2 - 3/4 cup batter into waffle mold. Cook waffles until light and golden and completely cooked through.
- Repeat the same process using all the batter.
- Once all waffles are completely cooked you can serve immediately, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or in a large ziplock bag in the freezer for later use <--- this makes breakfast SO EASY.
- When ready to eat, spread a generous layer of your favorite Jif spread onto your waffle and start topping (fun for the kiddos!).
TWO: Rice cakes
Rice cakes eaten alone are boring, BUT they make an excellent crunchy snack when topped with Jif Cinnamon Peanut Butter Spread. Rice cakes and peanut butter have forever been one of my favorite pre- or post-workout snack for a fast energy boost. Add some sliced banana to make it a complete breakfast or chocolate chips for a fun dessert.
THREE: Fruit Dip and Spread
It’s no secret that bananas and apples with peanut butter are pretty much the best combination ever, but just in case you forgot, here’s a friendly reminder. After all, if anyone understands how easy it is to forget the easy stuff, it’s me. So, in a hurry? Spread some Jif Maple or Cinnamon Peanut Butter Spread on your favorite fruit and call it a morning.
A spoonful or two of your favorite flavor into your favorite smoothie and breakfast is DONE. Smoothies are also a favorite breakfast option around here since Octavian never wants to sit long enough to eat. Our favorite is a Jif Maple Peanut Butter Spread Smoothie with bananas, yogurt and oatmeal.
FIVE: Jif Bars
No time at all? You can still get your peanut butter fix without carrying around a jar and spoon in your diaper bag (ok, maybe that’s just me). You can now bring Jif Peanut Butter EVERYWHERE you go with Jif Bars. These tasty bars are perfect for on-the-go snacking for grown ups and kids (Octavian LOVES the Hazelnut Chocolate). I always keep a few stashed in my car or in my bag for all those unexpected peanut butter cravings.
“This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company. The opinions and text are all mine.”