This post was sponsored by Eat Smart as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. I received product samples to facilitate my review.
I’ve expressed my borderline obsession with salads before, but just in case you didn’t know- big, small, dense or light, salad is my favorite company come mealtime.
Unfortunately, I don’t always have enough time to sit and eat an entire bowl of salad in one sitting (one word: toddler). So, when life gets crazy (all the time), I take my favorite green salad goodness and wrap ’em up in a giant tortilla. Easily eaten on-the-go, wraps are perfect for lunch or for dinner and even better for all those crazy (or lazy) days.
Since my days tend to run in a mostly crazy, wonderful sort of way, I always keep my eyes open for items that not only make meal prep easier and faster, but also taste delicious while staying healthy. Not always easy, I know.
But, you guys, it is easy! I promise. Thanks to Eat Smart Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kits and minimal meal prep, you can have dinner on the table in less than 10 minutes. I know this because I’ve done it and (confession) I am the slowest cook on this planet.
Alright, so now that I’ve name-dropped a product, what is it and what’s so great about it?
As the name implies, they’re salad kits. Complete salad kits. They have everything you could possibly need for a healthy, delicious, on-the-go lunch or dinner. They can be eaten as-is or added to your favorite recipes saving you lots and lots of time. They are the perfect base to be used in side-dishes, appetizers, and main dishes. And, included in each salad kit is a blend of at least five superfoods along with toppings and dressings.
They come in 5 varieties:
Eat Smart Strawberry Harvest Vegetable Salad Kit
Eat Smart Sunflower Kale Vegetable Kale Salad Kit
Eat Smart Asian Sesame Vegetable Salad Kit
Eat Smart Southwest Vegetable Salad Kit
Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit
They are ALL delicious, you guys. I know this because I have eaten all of them.
Since eating plain salad or greens or vegetables isn’t for everyone, I made these Chicken and Bacon Salad Wraps with Poppyseed Dressing. Boiled shredded chicken, bacon pieces, chopped strawberries and avocado are added Eat Smart Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit (which alone is packed full of seven superfoods including kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory, roasted pumpkin seeds and dried cranberries, along with poppyseed dressing).
These wraps were a HUGE hit at my house and are super healthy – minus the bacon, but I don’t think a few bacon bits will do any serious harm. Plus, if it gets a salad hater to eat salad, then It’s worth it. However, you can always leave off the bacon and add extra chicken. The mix of creamy avocado, sweet strawberries and cranberries, salty bacon and crunchy pumpkin seeds make this one healthy treat.
Chicken and Bacon Salad Wraps with Poppyseed DressingPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 2 strips bacon - chopped
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts - boiled and shredded
- 2 avocado
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 package Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad Kit
- 2 cups strawberries - stem removed and chopped
- 4 large tortillas - I used sun dried tomato, however, warning- they can be tougher to roll and wrap than classic flour
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. When hot, add chopped bacon and stir. Continue to cook the bacon until lightly brown and most of the fat has been rendered off. Carefully remove bacon from skillet using a slotted spoon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl smash the 2 avocados with a fork until desired consistency is reached (I prefer mine a little chunkier, so I didn't do a whole lot of mashing). Mix in the fresh lime juice.
- Gather remaining ingredients and prepare them for the wraps- the shredded chicken, Sweet Kale Salad Kit, strawberries and tortillas. Starting with the avocado spread and finishing with the provided poppyseed dressing (so good!) in the salad kit, feel free to add as much or as little meat and greens and fruit as you desire. Then wrap and eat!