Oh, hey! How’s it going? Good weekend?
I don’t even feel like there even was a weekend. I mean, for real. It was that fast. Octavian and I made it to the gym bright and early on Saturday which was amazing. He is starting to LOVE the gym daycare which makes me super duper happy. We saw lots of family on Saturday night and had a fun little trip to the river on Sunday.
At least it was fun for me. Octavian wasn’t feelin’ it and I have photographs to prove it because, yes, I am THAT mom.
You guys will see them tomorrow. His lady friends will see them in 16 years.
We also went to Costco because I wanted a rotisserie chicken to make today’s dinner a no brainer- even I need a break every once in awhile and Octavian loves them. Welllllll, for the THIRD time they were out of chickens.
Costco, what gives?
Usually I do Costco shopping during the week because there are less people to fight with to get samples (not joking), but since we started going to the gym in the morning and play with friends in the afternoon, trips to Costco have stopped. As a result, I have had quite a chicken predicament.
No biggie. A Costco is being built less than a mile from my house. Best day EVER.
Anyway, I have no idea where I am going with this post- weekend, chickens, Costco? I’ll stop there.
And move on to the best part, CHOCOLATE.
Oooeyyyy gooooey double chocolate chip zucchini bread. Sounds incredibly unhealthy, right?
While I wouldn’t advise trading in your whole wheat toast in the morning for a few slices of this chocolaty goodness, I will say that this is much healthier alternative to regular chocolate bread, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate cookies, etc.
Annnnnd since we all know I have zero self control in the dessert department, this makes me (and my husband) very happy.
Double Chocolate Fudgy Zucchini BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 2 cups shredded zucchini - squeezed of any excess water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a clean towel or several paper towels and squeeze out excess water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips until mixed evenly. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gently whisk until combined. Finally, gently fold the shredded zucchini into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow your bread to cool completely in the pan set atop a wire rack before serving.