It’s nearly 9:30pm on this wonderful Monday evening and I have so much to share with you guys- like, what it was like camping with 5 toddlers and 1 baby (lots of crazy, not much sleep and lots of amazing tips learned to make the next camping trip easier). Getting back to our routine the past two days after a very busy two weeks has been a nonstop process; seven loads of laundry (I mean, how?), no food, a suddenly sick husband, errands…and then more errands, bathing, and much needed one-on-one time with the gym.
We’ve been busy.
Thankfully, we have nothing on our agenda for weeks and weeks to come. It won’t stay that way, but at least I can catch my breath.
Since it is my bedtime (yes, 930 is my bedtime), you guys will have to wait to hear about all the crazy good times we had camping at Silverlake this past weekend with a bunch of kiddos. I know, the wait would just kill me too (that was sarcasm, just in case I wasn’t obvious enough).
To make it up to you guys I have these super easy Chicken Tacos with Mango Slaw and Sriracha Mayo. So, ummm, it doesn’t get much easier than this, you guys.
Buttery flour tortilla + crunchy cabbage and sweet mango slaw + shredded chicken breasts + creamy sweet and spicy Sriracha mayo + avocado … healthy dinner magic in under 30 minutes (with chicken already prepared).
You can customize so much of this recipe to suit your own taste. I love to sweat when I eat so I really pour on the Sriracha (jk I don’t love to sweat when I eat, but it’s worth it to have my mouth on fire) and usually cook with chicken breasts whenever possible since it’s the healthiest option. If you prefer to feel your face when you eat or only have thighs on hand, don’t worry, it will still taste delish.
Easy Chicken Tacos with Mango Slaw and Sriracha MayoPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
For the Mango Slaw:
- 1 cup mango - chopped
- 2 cups green cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage - chopped
- 1 cup carrots - shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
For the Tacos:
- 1 lb. boneless/skinless chicken breasts - boiled and shredded
- 2 avocados - pitted and sliced
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Additional lime - cilantro and Sriracha
- For the chicken-bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. When the water reaches a rolling boil, gently add chicken breasts, cover pot with a fitted lid and remove from heat. Allow chicken to cook for approximately 30 minutes. Carefully remove chicken from the pot to a plate and allow it to cool before shredding with a fork (or fingers). Set aside or store in the refrigerator for later use.
- (note: shredded rotisserie chicken would be a fantastic and super easy alternative if you don't have time to boil chicken before dinnertime)
- For the Slaw- In a large salad bowl combine the chopped mango, cabbage, carrots, green onion, cilantro and lime juice. Toss to combine.
- For the Sriracha Mayo- in a medium bowl whisk together the mayo, Sriracha, lime juice, sugar and garlic powder. Season with salt and/or additional Sriracha to taste. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
- Build your tacos- Top each flour tortilla with the mango cabbage slaw, shredded chicken, Sriracha mayo and avocado. Add additional Sriracha if you really like it hot (me me!!).