This post is sponsored by Farm Rich. All thoughts are my own. Visit your local grocery store to pick up Farm Rich snacks for game day!
Feed all your hungry football fans this season with Farm Rich snacks and these super easy, totally adorable, Bite Size Mozzarella Stick Lasagna Roll-Ups!Jump to Recipe
Party food. Who loves party food? Oh, wait, what a silly question. Better question- who doesn’t love party food? No one. The answer is NO ONE (at least no one that I’ve ever met).
Of course, party foods can fall under many categories, but in general, when I think about the perfect foods for a party or casual event, I think of comforting finger foods. Particularly mozzarella sticks.
Let’s have a little chat about mozzarella sticks for a quick sec. Mozzarella sticks, or any fried cheese for that matter, are probably my all-time favorite food. More than pizza and more than cookies, mozzarella sticks are pretty much a no-brainer when it comes to two things- childhood and football.
My memories eating fried mozzarella cheese extends as far back as I can remember, literally eating it as often as possible. All grown up, I still eat mozzarella sticks on the regular, especially now that I have a cheese-loving 4-year-old who likes to share in on the fun.
And, fun fact, Mozzarella sticks date back to 1393 in Medieval France, when a recipe for fried cheese sticks appeared in Le Ménagier de Paris. Thanks, Wikipedia.
Ok, but clearly I am not just talking about mozzarella sticks today. For today’s post, I wanted to share a fun twist on two fun favorites- mozzarella sticks and lasagna!
The twist? Combine the two and make fun, Bite Size Mozzarella Stick Lasagna Roll-Ups. Perfect for game day, birthdays, playdates, or no reason at all, these delicious little bite-size Lasagna Roll-Ups are not only delicious but also super EASY to make, thanks to Farm Rich pre-made frozen Breaded Mozzarella Sticks.
But Mozzarella Sticks aren’t the only snack and appetizer that Farm Rich has in grocery stores across the US. Offering everything from Potato Skins to Jalapeño Peppers to protein-packed Meatballs, Farm Rich helps families make the most of their time together with a wide variety of wholesome and easy-to-prepare frozen foods ready in minutes.
Farm Rich helps make snack and mealtime easier and more fun! Offering the best snacks for your game day “homegate”, there’s a reason why Farm Rich is one of America’s favorite snacks and appetizers brands.
I don’t know about you, but Farm Rich is definitely my #HomegatingHero. Oh, ya, and Dr Pepper. Let’s not forget the soft drink! Or you can…but, I highly recommend a cold, crisp Dr Pepper with these Bite Size Mozzarella Stick Lasagna Roll-Ups. Just sayin’.
Happy snacking, friends!
Visit FarmRich.com/homegating to plan an easy, delicious and exciting game day spread from home, and score with your family and friends.
Feed all your hungry football fans this season with Farm Rich snacks and these super easy, totally adorable, Bite Size Mozzarella Stick Lasagna Roll-Ups!
- 15 lasagna noodles cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach (1 bag) fully thawed and drained of any liquid
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 15 oz full-fat ricotta cheese (1 container)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Sticks
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the diced yellow onion to the pot and sauté for approximately 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chopped carrot and continue to sauté for an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the minced garlic with a dash of salt and pepper and sauté for one minute more.
- Add the ground turkey (or chicken or beef) to the saucepot and combine and cook with the vegetables. Sauté everything together, stirring frequently. Sauté until meat is fully cooked.
- Add the jar of tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, to taste, to the meat and vegetables, and bring to a simmer. Transfer the prepared sauce to the bowl of a large blender and blend on low until desired consistency is reached (if you prefer a chunkier sauce, feel free to omit this step).
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the spinach, diced shallot, ricotta, mozzarella, Parmesan, egg, garlic, black pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper out on a flat work surface and carefully transfer cooked lasagna noodles on to the parchment paper. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture over each lasagna noodle. Place one Farm Rich Breaded Mozzarella Stick on one end of the lasagna noodle and roll up. Repeat.
- Top each roll with 1-2 tablespoons of prepared tomato meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Create a large tent over your baking sheet with foil and transfer to the oven. Bake at 400 F for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from the oven and carefully cut in half. Serve with remaining sauce for dipping.