I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™. As always, thanks for reading!
Surprise your guests at your next summer party with these super easy no-bake summer cheesecake cups. Sweetened with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, these summery no-bake dessert cups taste just as delicious as traditional cheesecake- minus the guilt.Jump to Recipe
With summer officially in full-swing that has meant lots of grilling, easy dinners, and outdoor dining. I don’t know about you, but eating outdoors is one of my favorite parts of summertime.
But that’s not all.
I also love grabbing my dessert and enjoying that outdoors as well.
Unfortunately, with the summer comes heat. And where I live, sometimes the heat can be crazy. Thankfully, come 9pm, with the kiddo tucked away in bed, the sun nearly set and the inferno finally deciding to take a rest, I can sneak away with dessert in hand and husband by my side to just relax.
Sometimes (most times) we don’t even say much to each other; but the calm, you guys, it’s a beautiful thing.
Obviously, when it’s 110 degrees outside, I do everything in my power to avoid turning on anything other than the air conditioner. That means, if I can help it, no oven. And while I will always and forever love ice cream, I am trying to broaden my dessert horizons.
That’s where these no-bake cheesecake cups come in.
Here’s the thing- I’ve made the baked kind of cheesecake with the tons of sugar in the past. They were a huge pain in the you-know-what, cracked or sunk in the middle and while they did taste delicious, they just had too much sugar.
I knew there had to be a better way. A less sugar added way and a way that didn’t require the oven.
Don’t worry guys, there is a way!
And they turned out AMAZING! Since I like to keep things honest over here, I actually liked this version better. Not even kidding.
Sweetened with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, these little no-bake cheesecake cups give you 50% fewer calories than regular sugar. So what is this awesome blend?
SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend is a mixture of pure sugar and SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener. This product allows you to reduce sugar intake while still providing great taste and baking qualities needed for your favorite recipes. Since half the sweetness comes from pure sugar and the other half from stevia, you only need to use a half cup of SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend to replace a full cup of regular sugar.
In other words, less sugar!
Which, despite my healthy eating habits is definitely something I could use less of.
So, these no-bake summer cheesecake cups…
Absolutely my newest obsession. They are SO EASY! Plus, you can totally prepare a bunch ahead of time before a big party or have dessert ready and waiting for you the whole week.
That may either be the best thing or the worst thing, ever.
I say the best thing.
One other part about cheesecake cups versus regular baked cheesecake that I LOVE? You can customize the portion sizes ahead of time. You know, when you’re not hungry or jonesing for all the dessert.
Or am I the only one that is suddenly STARVING for all the sugar!!! anytime after 8 pm?
Totally serious, though, putting dessert (or anything really) in a cup is great if you have portion control issues (definitely, 100% guilty).
Anywho, being summer and all, I decided to top my cups with fresh cut fruit. Peach and mango paired with cheesecake is practically a match made in heaven so those come highly recommended, but any fruit will do. Depending on the size jar you pick, you can even put just a small cheesecake layer and the rest fruit.
You know, trick the brain…or something.
Easy No-Bake Summer Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST
- 12 graham cracker sheets
- 3 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
TOPPINGS: FRESH FRUIT
- shredded coconut
- For the crust: In a large food processor pulse the graham crackers in the small crumbs. Add the melted butter or coconut oil and continue to process until all the crumbs are evenly moistened (tip- use a rubber spatula to clean the sides and bottom of the bowl to dislodge any larger cracker bits). Divide the crumbs between 6-8 small dessert cups (highly variable depending on serving size) and firmly press crumbs into the bottom.
- Thoroughly clean the food processor otherwise crumbs will get in the cheesecake filling.
- For the cheesecake: To the clean food processor add all the ingredients for the cheesecake except any desired toppings, scraping down sides as needed. Continue to process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Diving the cheesecake mixture evenly between the prepared cups, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and top with your favorite chopped fruit and shredded, unsweetened coconut.