I love guacamole. The end.
Just kidding, I really LOVE guacamole. Put me in front of a bowl of guac and I will leave you with an empty bowl. Yes, I am the person lurking by the food table at a party and I am totally cool with it.
Delicious plain, and even better jazzed up, guacamole is always ready to party (you know I’m right). So, in the spirit of summer I made this Fiesta Mango Guacamole with crunchy bell pepper, spicy red onion and sweet mango (obv).
Now, Octavian loves guacamole (although he won’t touch avocados), but I thought, no way will my kid eat THIS guacamole. My toddler and veggies are like oil and water. Well, surprise surprise, these chopped veggies didn’t scare him away (ok, he did pick out a few red onions), but, he ate the rest!
Hooray! Now, let’s party!
- 1 cup firm mango - peeled, seeded and diced into small cubes
- 1/2 red onion - peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup firmly packed chopped cilantro
- 1 small tomato - diced
- 4 large ripe avocados - pits removed
- 1 lime juiced - start with one lime, add more if needed
- salt + pepper - to taste
- 1 small serrano or jalapeno pepper - diced (optional)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils - optional
- Scoop avocado flesh into a large bowl and mash with a fork. I like a chunkier guac so I make sure to leave a few good chunks of avocado mixed in. With veggies (and fruit!) chopped and ready to go, gently mix in with your mashed avocado. Squeeze the lime juice on top and season with salt and pepper until it's right where you like it 🙂 *I usually add approximately 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and serve with your favorite chips. Best served immediately.