I’m currently on my way to a nearby river with the fam. It’s 91 degrees outside, so the husband and I decided to pile the kid and dog in the car for a little afternoon splash and hike. This weather has me so excited for summer! I have so many weekend trips planned, I don’t know where to start.
Plans for the rest of this weekend include grilling tonight (jerk chicken tacos-our fav-recipe coming soon!), boot camp, running, toilet scrubbing, meal planning, grocery shopping and probably some other really exciting stuff thrown in there.
I’m dying to get back to Santa Cruz and show my wild child where his parents met, but OMG, you guys, when did it get so expensive to stay in a hotel? It would be cheaper to travel to Europe.
Anywho, I started my morning with this beautiful bowl of yogurt. I love yogurt any way, but this way is even better! Just this week I made my second batch of rhubarb chia jam and decided to top it on some thick and creamy yogurt, pile on the fruit and sprinkle with chocolaty cocoa nibs. So perfect. Even my child got in on the goodness (minus the oats) and my husband proclaimed, This is so good! I could eat this everyday!
I’d say my job is done here (high five)!
Have a fantastic Saturday, friends!
Rhubarb Yogurt Bowls with Cocoa Nibs and Fresh Fruit
FOR THE RHUBARB CHIA JAM
FOR THE BOWLS
- 1 cups plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coco nibs
- 2 tablespoons rhubarb chia jam, see recipe below
- 2 tablespoons Gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Peeled and sliced orange slices
- 6 strawberries
FOR THE RHUBARB ORANGE CHIA JAM
- Chop enough rhubarb into very small pieces to equal approximately 6 cups**
- Place the rhubarb in a medium sized pot with the water and maple syrup. Bring liquid to a low simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until rhubarb has softened and liquid starts to be absorbed, approximately 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the orange juice and zest and the chia seeds. Continue to cook, stirring frequently to prevent the bottom from scorching, until jam has thickened, approximately 15 minutes
- Transfer jam to a clean canning jar and store in the refrigerator. Keeps well for up to two weeks.
PREPARE YOUR BOWLS
- In a clean bowl arrange the yogurt, rhubarb chia jam, cocoa nibs, gluten-free oats, chia seeds and fruit. Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients you desire. Best served and eaten immediately.