What better way to recover from the weekend than with a fresh, healthy, super amazing salad?
The correct answer is, there is no better way.
At least for me.
Since I thought it would be fun to eat an entire pizza last night. By myself.
You guys, I couldn’t stop. My head screamed at me to put that last piece down, but my mouth, all cool and calm, just whispered back, can’t stop, won’t stop, amigo.
So, I didn’t.
Lucky for me, salads are my next favorite thing after cookies and pizza.
And this one? This one couldn’t be easier to toss together.
Given that it’s Monday and all, I like to think the week is off to a good start.
Springtime Baby Kale and Strawberry SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 2 cups Baby kale - or handfuls
- 2 Baby Spinach - or handfuls
- 2 Arugula - or handfuls
- 1/2 red onion - thinly sliced
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cups cooked fresh corn - cut from the cob (I love sweet corn, so I always add extra to my salad)
- 1/2 bell pepper - I had an orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 radish - sliced
- 7 strawberries - stem removed and sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds - or other favorite nut
- 3 green onions - chopped
- Feta Cheese - crumbled
- 1 avocado - sliced
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced
- salt + pepper - to taste
- If your corn has not yet been cooked, bring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the corn and boil for 5 minutes. Remove the corn from the pot and use a knife to cut the corn away from the cob.
- In a small jar fitted with a tight lid, fully combine ingredients for the lemon vinaigrette. Season to taste and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl combine the baby kale, baby spinach, arugula, red onion, tomatoes, carrots, corn, bell pepper, sliced radish, strawberries, pomegranate arils, slivered almonds and green onion. Sprinkle with feta cheese, freshly cracked black pepper. Drizzle with the homemade lemon vinaigrette (or dressing of choice) and serve.