I’m sharing SPLENDA® Sweetener Products in my life as part of a sponsored series for Socialstars™. As always, thanks for reading!
Sweetened with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, these delicious and gorgeous cheesecake pops taste just like the real deal and celebrate summer in the most beautiful way.
I think popsicles have saved my life this summer. I know, it sounds extreme, but I promise you, it’s not.
What IS extreme, however, is the weather. How’s the weather by you? For your sake, I hope it has been cooler than California because currently (translation- the past two months), California has been slowly roasting.
I tired to google if triple digit temperatures nearly every day for a month was normal in Sacramento, but, for the first time (probably) ever, I found no conclusive results. Seeing as though I tend to complain about the heat every summer, I’m going to guess that it is indeed normal- at least to some degree (HA! I totally just made a pun).
To help see me though this summer heat I’ve made popsicles.
Lots and lots of popsicles.
I grew up eating popsicles in the summertime. They were never homemade; although I seem to recall trying to make them once or twice. I would always pick the biggest, brightest, sugarest ones I could get my hands on. On lucky days that meant the ice cream truck but on regular days that meant whatever my dad had a coupon for (did anyone else grow up with a coupon-obsessed parent?)
Anywho, I may be an old lady now (that’s only half true), but I still love a good popsicle (or two) on a hot summer day.
And since my kiddo loves popsicles just as much as me, that means that there is a constant supply of one kind or another stashed away in our freezer.
Octavian’s favorite kind of popsicle? Smoothies. Freeze a smoothie and I have one very happy little boy.
But MY favorite kid of popsicle? Just kidding, this is actually a trick question since I don’t have a favorite. I don’t discriminate when it comes to popsicles. I love them all.
HOWEVER, I have recently discovered frozen fruit filled cheesecake pops and I am in LOVE.
They’re super easy to make and take no time at all. Of course, the hardest part is waiting for them to freeze.
But, THEY’RE WORTH IT! I promise.
They’re customizable, too. I couldn’t decide which fruit I wanted, so I picked the two fresh fruits I had on hand- raspberries and strawberries. Feel free, however, to use your favorite (blueberry, mango, peach, etc.). I used full-fat cream cheese and non-fat Greek yogurt, but use what ever you have on hand. Easy peasy.
And, finally, the sugar. These gorgeous summer pops are sweetened with SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend, giving you 50% fewer calories than regular sugar.
SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend is a mixture of pure sugar and SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener. This product allows you to reduce sugar intake while still providing great taste and baking qualities needed for your favorite recipes. Since half the sweetness comes from pure sugar and the other half from stevia, you only need to use a half cup of SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend to replace a full cup of regular sugar.
You guys, I may not have any one singular favorite popsicle, but these definitely rank in my top three, and that says A LOT!
Do you love SPLENDA® Sweetener Products, too? Leave a comment below and let me know how you incorporate SPLENDA® Sweetener Products into your everyday 🙂
Previous partnered posts with SPLENDA® Sweetener Products–
Carrot Cake Muffins with Streusel Topping
Summer Shrimp Tostadas with Sweet Strawberry Salsa
Easy No-Bake Summer Cheesecake
Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake Summer Ice Pops
- First prepare the fruit mix layer- add the raspberries, strawberries and lemon juice to the bowl of a small food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat add the milk and SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Sweetener Blend stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved and milk has warmed.
- In a large bowl add the softened cream cheese. Slowly pour the milk mixture in with the cream cheese, whisking constantly until smooth and fully combined.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Stir until fully combined and transfer to the refrigerator to cool (10-15 minutes approximately)
- Start by filling the popsicle molds with the cheesecake mixture first. Fill each mold approximately 1/3 of the way full, followed by the fruit puree, and finally, finish with the remaining cheesecake mixture (for a swirled/marbled look insert a toothpick or popsicle stick and gently mix).
- Place the top on the popsicle mold and insert sticks.
- Transfer popsicle mold to the freezer and freeze for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- When ready to serve, run popsicle mold under warm water until popsicles are easily removed from the molds. Dip each popsicle end in the crushed graham cracker and serve.