Oven Roasted Green Beans Recipe with Garlic and Parmesan
Oven Roasted Green Beans made with fresh green beans, garlic, parmesan cheese, and candied almonds. A perfect combination of savory and sweet, this easy roasted green beans recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and perfect for any holiday or occasion.
Servings: 6 servings (as a side)
Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
Mix the green beans. Add the trimmed green beans to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well to combine and evenly coat the green beans.
Scatter and cook. Spread the green beans onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for approximately 10-15 minutes, gently shaking the pan once halfway through cooking.
Add the almonds and cheese. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and immediately sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and candied sliced almonds. Gently toss to combine.
Originally published November 19, 2015
- Any type of nut or seed will taste fantastic with these green beans. If you prefer not to add candied almonds, lightly salted almonds will also work.
- Be sure to dry your green beans really well before tossing with garlic and olive oil as the extra water will steam your beans rather than roast them.
- Cooking at a slightly higher oven temperature (in this case 400 degrees F) will allow your beans to crisp up before turning soggy.
- For extry crispy green beans, pop your baking sheet back in the oven for 2 minutes or so after you've added the cheese and almonds.
- Try using this recipe with asparagus, sugar snap peas, or even edamame.
Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 77mg | Potassium: 395mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1076IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 139mg | Iron: 2mg