Easy Spinach Salad Recipe
This Easy Spinach Salad Recipe is made with fresh baby spinach, crisp sweet apples, red onions, pistachios, dried cranberries, and creamy avocado, all tossed with a light homemade red wine vinaigrette.
Servings: 4 servings
Prepare the red wine vinaigrette - Add all ingredients to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Whisk well to combine or seal and shake vigorously until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Assemble - Add the spinach to a large salad bowl and top with sliced apples, sliced red onion, green onion, pistachios, dried cranberries, crumbled feta, and sliced avocado. Gently toss to combine.
Serve - Divide salad among individual serving bowls and drizzle with prepared red wine vinaigrette.
- Add the red wine vinaigrette dressing just before serving to prevent your salad from getting soggy.
- Try to pick ripe, yet firm avocados to prevent them from turning to mush.
- Add extra protein such as chicken, steak, garbanzo beans, or shrimp.
- Save time and prepare the vinaigrette ahead of time.
- If red onions are too strong for you, soak them in water after they've been sliced. This will remove some of the harshness.
- Try adding different nuts such as slivered almondss, cashews, walnuts, etc.
Calories: 508kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 949mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 7067IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 4mg