Easy Lemon Baked Cod Recipe
This Easy Lemon Baked Cod Recipe is a delicious and flavorful fish recipe made with healthy cod fillets, cherry tomatoes, and olives cooked in a mouthwatering lemon butter and white wine sauce. Ready in just 30 minutes, learn how to bake cod with this easy, family favorite recipe.
Servings: 4 servings
Preheat oven and prepare cod. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Add the cod fillets to the baking dish in a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides. Drizzle the fillets with olive oil and fresh lemon juice and sprinkle with pearl onions and cherry tomatoes.
Bake. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Prepare the lemon butter sauce. As the fish bakes, prepare the lemon butter sauce. Heat the olive oil and butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring continuously for 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add the lemon slices and dry white wine to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the olives, cherry tomatoes, lemon juice, and fresh thyme. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with fresh cracked pepper and season with additional salt, to taste. Set aside.
Add the lemon butter sauce to the cod. Remove the baking dish from the oven and spoon approximately half of the sauce (plus the olives and tomatoes) over the cod fillets. Return the baking dish back to the oven and continue to cook, uncovered, for approximately 5-8 minutes, or until the internal temperature registers 145 degrees F as read with a digital meat thermometer.
Serve. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with the additional sauce, if desired.
- This recipe would also taste great with tilapia, haddock, or flounder (or most other white fish).
- The pearl onions are optional. Feel free to substitute with regular yellow or red onions, or omit from the recipe altogether.
- Substitute the white wine for chicken broth if you don't cook with wine.
- For extra lemon flavor, season your cod fillets with lemon pepper instead of salt and pepper.
- Add a little extra sweetness and substitute the lemon slices with orange slices instead.
- Keep in mind that total cooking times will vary depending on thickness of your fish.
- Recipe inspired by JoCooks and Delish
Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 2081mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1212IU | Vitamin C: 71mg | Calcium: 202mg | Iron: 5mg