Baked Chicken Thighs
Super easy and flavorful Baked Chicken Thighs that come out crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. Smothered with garlic and herbs, learn How to Bake Chicken Thighs and enjoy alongside creamy mashed potatoes and green beans and add leftovers to this easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.
Servings: 8 servings
Preheat oven to 400° F and line a large baking sheet with foil.
In a small bowl combine the olive oil with the minced garlic and mix to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the dried Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
Meanwhile, transfer the chicken thighs to the prepared baking sheet and pat dry with paper towels.
Drizzle each chicken thigh with the garlic and olive oil mixture and season with the seasoning mixture. Rub the oil and spices into the chicken to coat.
Transfer chicken to the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 160°F as measured with a digital meat thermometer.
- Pat your thighs dry. Any excess moisture will cause your chickento steam and prevent the skin from getting nice and crispy.
- There is no need to move or turn your chicken at any time during baking. Simply, set them on your baking sheet skin-side-up and let them cook skin-side-up the whole time.
- As your chicken bakes, they will release some of their natural juices. I recommend baking your chicken on a rimmed baking sheet or jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. This will prevent chicken juice from spilling all over your oven (or kitchen floor) and makes for easy clean-up.
- Get your seasoning all over your chicken...and be generous with it! Top, bottom, under the skin, really work it in there.
- Yes, you want to rub them with olive oil, too. The olive oil helps keep your chicken moist.
Calories: 352.29kcal | Carbohydrates: 1.5g | Protein: 23.67g | Fat: 27.57g | Saturated Fat: 6.97g | Cholesterol: 141.61mg | Sodium: 693.3mg | Potassium: 314.24mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 0.06g | Vitamin A: 244.35IU | Vitamin C: 0.47mg | Calcium: 22.26mg | Iron: 1.25mg