Homemade Bakery Blueberry Muffin Recipe
The Best Blueberry Muffin Recipe Ever! Soft, fluffy and filled with juicy fresh blueberries, learn how to make these Homemade Bakery Blueberry Muffins and enjoy for breakfast, dessert, or as a sweet snack.
Servings: 6 (large) or 12 (regular)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners or 6 cup jumbo muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
Transfer the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and beat until light and fluffy, approximately 2 minutes. Mix in the lemon zest.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with the milk - do not overmix.
In a separate bowl toss the blueberries in 1-2 teaspoons all-purpose flour. Gently fold blueberries into the muffin batter.
Fill muffin liners with the prepared batter. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with sugar, if desired. Bake at 425 degrees F for 5 minutes before reducing temperature to 375 degrees F and baking for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove muffins from the tin and allow to cool before serving.
- Blueberries: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw.
- For best results, bring the butter, eggs, and milk to room temperature. This allows the batter to mix together easily and evenly.
- If you prefer a stronger lemon flavor, double the amount of lemon zest.
- When baking regular-size muffins, reduce overall cooking time by approximately 5 minutes.
- Nutritional informtion is for 1 jumbo muffin.
Calories: 482kcal | Carbohydrates: 74g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 275mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 643IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 107mg | Iron: 3mg