Perfect Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe. Perfectly seasoned and easy to make, these delicious sweet potato fries are baked, not fried, and my go-to recipe anytime I'm craving restaurant-quality fries from the comfort of my own home.
Servings: 6 as a side
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and place racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven (careful that the upper rack is at least 6-inches from the heat source). Line two large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Thoroughly wash and scrub your sweet potatoes using a vegetable brush in cold water and dry completely. Cut into thin fry-shaped pieces, about 1/4" wide and 1/4" thick. Transfer half of the fries to one baking sheet and the rest of the fries to the other baking sheet.
Sprinkle the sweet potatoes with cornstarch (2 teaspoons per pan), salt (1 teaspoon per pan), onion powder, garlic powder, and sweet paprika (1/2 teaspoon per pan each). Toss to coat. Drizzle the fries with olive oil and continue to toss until all fries are evenly coated in spices and oil.
Arrange the sweet potato fries in a single layer on your prepared baking sheets. Leave space between each fry otherwise, they will not crisp.
Transfer baking sheets to the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, flip the fries using a metal spatula, rearrange back in a single layer and return the baking sheets back to the oven, swapping their positions. Continue to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until fries are golden, crispy, and just starting to brown around the edges.
Season with additional salt and lots of freshly cracked pepper, if desired. Serve with your favorite dips and sauces like creamy ranch dressing.
This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy-free.
This recipe was originally shared on January 27, 2020
- I prefer not to peel my sweet potatoes. This is a personal preference. If you prefer to peel yours, go for it! Simply follow the instructions as written.
- To ensure that your fires cook evenly, cut them into similarly sized pieces and bake in an even layer (no overlapping).
- Toss your sweet potatoes in a large mixing bowl or directly on the baking sheet.
- You know your fries are nearly done when they start to change from shiny to a matte puffed-up texture. Be careful, though, as they can quickly change from perfectly crispy to burnt and charred quite quickly.
- Storage: These fries are best served right out of the oven. Leftovers store well in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. Reheat in the microwave at 30-second intervals or re-crisp by toasting in the oven, toaster oven, or air fryer.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 800mg | Potassium: 322mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 12656IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg