Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
This Instant Pot Corn on the Cob makes it so easy to cook perfectly tender and delicious sweet corn every single time! Once you learn how to cook corn in your pressure cooker, you won't want to cook corn any other way.
Servings: 4 corn on the cob
You may cook your corn with the husks still on, or with the husks removed (see notes). If you choose to leave the husks on, trim approximately 1-inch from each end of your corn on the cob.
Place 1 cup of water inside the inner pot of your Instant Pot and place the metal trivet (or steamer basket) at the bottom of the pot.
Lay the ears of corn across the top of the trivet, alternating directions between layers.
Secure the lid and turn the steam release valve to the sealing position. Press or turn the knob to select the "Manual" or " Pressure Cook" option. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Your pressure cooker will take approximately 10 minutes to reach pressure, and then the cooking time will begin counting down.
When the total cooking time ends, quick release the pressure by carefully turning the steam release valve to the venting position (I usually do this with a kitchen towel shielding my hand). Allow the steam to release and the pin to drop the open the Instant Pot lid.
Carefully remove the corn using kitchen tongs to a clean serving platter or individual serving plates and serve smeared in butter and seasoned with salt, black pepper, or fresh herbs, if desired.
- It is the same amount of work and effort to shuck your corn both before or after it's been cooked. One key difference, however, is that if you want to remove the husk and silks until after it's been cooked, you will have to wait for your corn to cool significantly as it will be very hot (and quite painful to shuck with bare hands).
- Total cook time without husks: 2 minutes
- Total cook time with husks: 3 minutes
- I was able to comfortably fit 4 large corn on the cob in my 6-quart Instant Pot. To use an 8-quart Instant Pot, follow the instructions as directed, but add 1.5 cups of water to the inner pot.
- This recipe is intended for fresh corn on the cob.
Calories: 77kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 168IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Iron: 1mg