Perfect Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes are quick, easy, and guaranteed delicious with creamy, fluffy, and deliciously silky insides. Ready in about 30 minutes, learn how to cook perfect sweet potatoes every time using your favorite electric pressure cooker or Instant Pot.
Servings: 4 sweet potatoes
Place 1 cup of water inside the inner pot of a 6-quart Instant Pot (1.5 cups to an 8 quart Instant Pot) and place the metal trivet or steamer basket at the bottom of the pot.
Measure or estimate the approximate width of each sweet potato (for best results, cook potatoes that are similar in size). Thoroughly wash your potatoes and use a fork to poke each sweet potato 4-5 times.
Arrange the sweet potatoes on top of the trivet and secure the lid. Turn the steam release valve to the sealing position. Press or turn the knob to select the "Manual" or " Pressure Cook" option. Cook on HIGH pressure. Set the time according to the thickness of your potatoes:small (less than 2 inches) - 18 minutesmedium (2-3 inches) - 25 minuteslarge (3-4 inches) - 35 minutes
When the total cooking time ends and your Instant Pot beeps, natural release for 10 minutes then turn the steam release valve to the venting position and allow the remaining pressure to release.
Carefully remove the sweet potatoes and serve topped with all your favorite toppings.
- There is no need to add additional time to your Instant Pot if you plan to cook more than 4 sweet potatoes.
- If your sweet potatoes are not cooked all the way through, place the lid back on your Instant Pot and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Always add cold water to your Instant Pot, should you add hot water the cooking time will be altered.
- Cooked sweet potatoes will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Sweet potatoes are naturally gluten-free, vegan, low fat, dairy-free.
- Remember - it will take your Instant Pot approximately 10 minutes to reach full pressure before the potatoes start cooking.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 47mg | Potassium: 618mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 24983IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1mg