BEST Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter
Easy baked salmon flavored with lemon, butter, fresh garlic, and honey, and baked in the oven for maximum flavor and minimal cleanup. Super easy to make, have this absolutely delicious salmon recipe on the table in 20 minutes or less!
Servings: 4 servings
Time allowing, remove the salmon from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking and allow it to come to room temperature. Pat dry with paper towels.
Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
In a small bowl whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce - the melted butter, minced garlic, fresh lemon juice, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
Line a large baking sheet/rimmed baking sheet with foil. Place the lemon slices on top of the foil in a single, non-overlapping layer. Place the salmon, skin-side-down, directly on top of the lemon slices.
Pour the butter/garlic/honey sauce over the salmon and use a spoon or pastry brush to spread evenly so that the entire surface of the salmon is covered.
Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the salmon registers 140-145°F as measured by a digital meat thermometer.
Garnish with fresh thyme or chopped parsley and serve immediately with the baked lemon slices.
- Whenever possible, try to purchase wild salmon vs. farmed salmon. Farmed salmon is higher in fat, including saturated fat, and is higher in calories (1, 2).
- Given the higher fat content of farmed vs. wild salmon, adjust your expectations when it comes to the overall taste and texture of your fish after cooking. For example, farmed salmon will be significantly more oily and somewhat less prone to drying out.
- Swap the whole side of salmon for 4-5 equal portioned salmon filets.
- Make dairy-free by swapping the butter for olive oil or avocado oil.
- The honey and red chili flakes are optional (but delicious!) additions. Feel free to skip them.
Calories: 567kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 57g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 521mg | Potassium: 1441mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 537IU | Vitamin C: 18mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 3mg