One-Pot Homemade Hamburger Helper Recipe
This Homemade Hamburger Helper recipe is a cheesy, comforting, and delicious one-pot meal the whole family will love! So much better than the boxed stuff, have this easy 30-minute dinner ready and on the table in just 30 minutes!
Servings: 6 servings
Add the olive oil to a large skillet or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Cook the ground beef until no longer pink and use a wooden spoon or spatula to break it into smaller pieces.
Stir in the diced onion and mix well to combine with the ground beef. Reduce heat to medium and season with chili powder and garlic powder. Continue to cook over medium heat, stirring often, until onions are tender.
Add the ketchup, mustard, macaroni noodles, and beef broth. Stir well to combine.
Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes, or until noodles are cooked to al dente.
Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Slowly add the cheddar cheese, stirring continuously to prevent the cheese from clumping together.
Serve garnished with minced parsley, if desired.
- Use freshly shredded cheese rather than pre-shredded bagged cheese. It tastes better and blends better, too.
- You may need to add a little extra beef broth or water, especially if you use larger noodles like penne or large shells.
- Speaking of pasta, use whatever you have on hand, except for maybe long stringy noodles like angel hair or spaghetti noodles.
- Add some heat. Season with a pinch (or two) or cayenne powder or a teaspoon of red pepper flakes. You could also season with a dash or two of hot sauce.
- Keep leftovers stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop with a splash of broth or water over low heat, stirring often. Or in the microwave.
Calories: 452kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 1251mg | Potassium: 528mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 834IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 332mg | Iron: 3mg