Learn how to make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with only five ingredients!
I always have big elaborate plans to make super complicated and detailed desserts and sweets around the holiday time. It’s in my nature to wow and impress (I blame my mother, she always did everything so beautifully); and obviously the only way to do this is pick the most time consuming and difficult treat possible.
What happens every year? I spend a small fortune on all the ingredients I need to wow and impress, get home and realize I don’t have time for it all. The ingredients sit in the bag I brought them home in (unless, of course, it’s eggs or cream or something that actually needs to be put away) and it gets forgotten. The next year rolls around, and it’s the same story, with the same (or at least some of the same) ingredients.
I do this with craft and art projects, too. And since I started blogging? Well, this little bad habit of mine is just getting worse.
When it comes time to share or offer my ambitious holiday sweet or dessert I’m empty handed and out of time. This same cycle will absolutely happen again this year, but this year I will NOT be empty handed.
This year I have a backup plan… 5 Ingredient Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies with Peppermint Chocolate Kisses.
Minimal ingredients (hallelujah!), festive and super yummy! Plus, it’s a cookie and we all know how much I love cookies.
So, if you’re anything like me, or the complete opposite and hate to bake, then these cookies have your name written ALL over them!
5 Ingredient Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 15 oz chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter - 1 stick , softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peppermint chocolate Kisses - or regular chocolate Kisses
- Holiday colored sprinkles - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cake mix, butter and egg until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (or your hands) to scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Use your palms and roll the dough into a balls, placing each ball approximately 2 inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet.
- If desired, place sprinkles in a small bowl and roll the dough balls through the sprinkles until completely covered.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before placing the chocolate kiss on top- otherwise the chocolate will melt. If you do see that your chocolate is melting, you can also pop the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate has stopped melting and the cookies have cooled.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)