These Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies are an easy dessert perfect for anyone who loves chocolate and cookies! All you need are five simple ingredients: chocolate cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla extract, and chocolate kisses!
These super quick and easy chocolate cake mix cookies are made with just a box of cake mix and a few other simple ingredients. You can adjust the colored sprinkles to fit any holiday – Christmas, Valentine’s Day, you name it! Sweet sprinkles and chewy centers, all topped off with a chocolate kiss–they’re so rich, nostalgic, and delicious. Plus, it’s such an easy cookie recipe for the whole family – you can make a fun holiday afternoon out of making cookies! The possibilities for variations are endless–try strawberry cake mix cookies, red velvet cake mix cookies, or lemon cake mix cookies!
How to Make Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F and lining baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a medium mixing bowl, fully combine the cake mix, butter, and egg. Use a cookie dough scoop (or your hands) to scoop dough for each cookie (approximately one tablespoon’s worth). Using your palms, roll the dough into balls and arrange the balls on the cookie sheet (leaving around two inches between each one).
If desired, roll the dough balls through a small bowl of holiday sprinkles until they’re completely covered and place them back on the baking sheet.
Bake the cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before adding the chocolate kiss on top (otherwise the chocolate will melt–if the chocolate starts to melt too quickly, stick the baking sheet in the fridge until the melting stops).
How to Serve
Serve these cookies fresh out of the oven for dessert or at your next holiday party. They’re delicious on their own, with ice cream or with a tall glass of milk.
Storage and Freezing
The sooner you eat these cookies, the better, but they’ll last in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks. You can also freeze them for up to two months.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Sprinkle Confetti Cookies
- Lemon Blueberry Thumbprint Cookies
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramelized Apple Oatmeal Cookies
If you try making this Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 15 oz chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter - 1 stick , softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peppermint chocolate Kisses - or regular chocolate Kisses
- Holiday colored sprinkles - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the cake mix, butter and egg until fully combined.
- Use a cookie scoop (or your hands) to scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Use your palms and roll the dough into a balls, placing each ball approximately 2 inches apart from each other on the cookie sheet.
- If desired, place sprinkles in a small bowl and roll the dough balls through the sprinkles until completely covered.
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool slightly before placing the chocolate kiss on top- otherwise the chocolate will melt. If you do see that your chocolate is melting, you can also pop the baking sheet in the refrigerator until the chocolate has stopped melting and the cookies have cooled.
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)