These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites have been sponsored by Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Costumes, haunted houses, pumpkins, and Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites– just a few of my favorite ways to celebrate Halloween throughout the month of October. Made with homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, cheesecake, Fun Size M&M’S®, SNICKERS® & TWIX® candies from your local Walmart, these delicious Cheesecake Bites are guaranteed to be the hit of any party.Jump to Recipe
Picking the right Halloween candy is a big deal. After all, as a younger person (all those years under 30), the candy on Halloween was everything. As such, I take Halloween candy very seriously and make sure to get the good stuff- M&M’S®, SKITTLES®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®…you know the kind.
Halloween is kind of a big deal in my family. Not so big that we turn our home into a haunted house and throw a party large enough to host the neighborhood. I mean, that would be awesome, yes. But all those decorations cost big money and I am not that skilled in bargain shopping. Besides, the clean-up? I can’t.
Halloween is more of a month-long affair in my home. Every year I cook my mom’s chili and cornbread the night of Halloween, and then there’s the decorations, costume planning, and of course, the treats.
Treats like these Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites made with cookie dough,Fun Size M&M’S®, SNICKERS® & TWIX® candies from your local Walmart, cheesecake, and more cookie dough. Easy, festive, delicious, and perfect for all those parties, big and small!
Ingredients in these Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Mini chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
- Halloween sprinkles
- mini TWIX candies
- mini SNICKERS candies
- M&M’S® Peanut candies
- Candy eyeballs
How to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites
- Make the chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Mix together the ingredients for the cheesecake.
- Preheat oven and line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add the bottom cookie dough layer.
- Followed by the mini TWIX candies and mini SNICKERS candies.
- Cover with cheesecake batter and sprinkle with M&M’S® Peanut candies.
- Dot the top with large chunks of leftover cookie dough and additional M&M’S® Peanut candies.
- Decorate with additional mini chocolate chips and candy eyeballs.
- Slice and serve.
Why I love these delicious little Cheesecake Bites
- You get a cookie, cheesecake, and chocolate candy all rolled into one bite. If you know me at all, then you know how incredibly indecisive I can be when it comes to dessert. Just kidding, I’m indecisive when it comes to all food. I’m just more so about sweets and treats. For that reason, it only makes sense that these Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites are basically my BFF dessert.
- They feed a crowd. Given that these cookie cheesecake bites are made of, well, cookie and cheesecake and chocolate candies, you get a lot of bang for your buck (aka, 48 cheesecake bites) from one baking pan.
- On the flip side, they also freeze well. Pop them in the freezer and enjoy for a couple weeks.
- Have I mentioned that they’re also super easy to make? But look like you spend hours in the kitchen.
- They’re pretty dang adorable. I mean, I’m all for the bloody and gory Halloween decor, but I also like to have more PG-rated eats and treats appropriate for any occasion.
Tips for making the best Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites
- Don’t forget the parchment paper. This step is super important otherwise it will be significantly harder to remove (translation- impossible) to remove the cheesecake bites without making a huge mess.
- Add all your favorites. I added TWIX and SNICKERS because those are my personal favorite, but if you prefer MILKY WAY® or 3 MUSKETEERS®, don’t let me stop you.
- Add additional mini chocolate chips, M&M’S® Peanut candies, and candy eyeballs after it has been baked, but before it has been cooled. This is purely for aesthetic reasons, but that’s reason enough, right?
- If the cookies start to brown on top but cheesecake is not fully cooked, cloak the baking pan with a sheet of tin foil to protect the cookies from direct heat.
- Do not try to cut the chocolate chip cookie cheesecake bites until it is thoroughly cooled. Chocolate and cheesecake are gooey and messy when warm. This makes slicing a messy job if your cheesecake isn’t cold.
- Add the top chocolate chip cookie layer in irregular globs.
What’s your favorite part of Halloween? Do you have a favorite Halloween candy?
Leave me a comment below!
Don’t forget to check out these other delicious sweet treats
- Best Ever Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Halloween Monster Mash Party Mix
- Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites
- Chocolate Bark Brownies
- Sprinkle Confetti Cookies
- Grumpy Monster Cookies (or cookies with eyeballs)
- Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Sea Salt
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Made with layers of homemade chocolate chip cookie dough, cheesecake, and a variety of Fun Size M&M’S®, SNICKERS® & TWIX® candies from your local Walmart, these delicious Cheesecake Bites are guaranteed to be the hit of any party.
- 16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp Halloween sprinkles
- 28 mini TWIX® candies wrapper removed
- 21 mini SNICKERS® candies wrapper removed
- 1.5 cups M&M’S® Peanut Ghoul’s Mix
- Mini chocolate chips
- Candy eyeballs
In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
Add the hot water to a small cup and dissolve the baking soda. Add to the butter and sugars and mix well to combine.
Add salt and four to the mixing bowl with the butter and salt and mix well until just combined. Mix in the mini chocolate chips and set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until creamy. Beat in the eggs and the sugar and mix until combined and creamy. Gently stir in the sprinkles and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with two sheets of parchment paper so that it hangs over the side of the pan. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Gather approximately half to two-thirds of the cookie dough and transfer to prepared baking pan. Use your fingers to evenly distribute the cookie dough to cover the entire bottom of the pan.
Organize the mini TWIX® candies and mini SNICKERS® candies in rows directly on top of the cookie dough, leaving a small space between each chocolate candy.
Pour the cheesecake batter directly over the top of the Mars Seasonal Halloween Candies.
Gather large, cookie-size chunks of cookie batter and place directly on top of the chocolate candies. Scatter with M&M’S® Peanut Ghoul’s Mix and mini chocolate chips.
Transfer to preheated oven and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until cheesecake is firm to the touch (see notes).
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before adding additional chocolate candy toppings and candy eyeballs. Cover baking pan with foil and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until cooled throughout.
Remove the Halloween Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bites from the refrigerator and carefully left from the pan using the extra parchment paper.
Slice into 48 cheesecake bites, storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- If cookies are starting to brown on top but cheesecake is not fully cooked, cloak baking pan with a sheet of tin foil to protect the cookies from direct heat.