This Shrimp Bruschetta over toasted baguette slices drizzled with balsamic glaze is next-level delicious. It’s a perfectly pretty and crowd-pleasing appetizer to serve on any special occasion – and comes together easily in about 35 minutes.
Why You’ll Love Shrimp Bruschetta
In Italian, bruschetta means to “roast over coals,” describing the way bruschetta was traditionally made in Italy with simple peasant bread, roasted garlic, diced tomatoes, and fresh basil. A deliciously fresh “antipasto” was created from easily accessible summer ingredients to serve with a glass of wine before dinner.
This shrimp bruschetta is definitely more complex than traditional Italian versions but equally delicious. Roma tomatoes, shrimp, baby mozzarella, green onions, artichoke hearts, basil pesto, and avocado add more complex flavor to every crunchy and satisfying bite. The rich and tangy balsamic glaze drizzle adds a pop of vibrant and inviting color while beautifully tying all of the insanely good ingredients harmoniously together.
How to make a homemade balsamic glaze
A cup of good-quality balsamic vinegar and a few tablespoons of maple syrup or brown sugar added to a small saucepan are all you need to make a delicious homemade glaze. Once it begins to bubble, lower the heat and simmer and reduce for 10 minutes until you achieve the desired consistency. Allow the glaze to cool before serving and storing in a clean glass jar.
How to Make Shrimp Bruschetta
Combine the diced tomatoes, shrimp, green onion, mozzarella, and artichoke hearts in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk the garlic, salt, pepper, lemon juice, pesto, and parmesan. Mix the pesto mixture into the shrimp mixture, cover, and chill. Toast the baguette slices in the oven, brush with olive oil and transfer to a platter. Add the chopped avocado to the shrimp mixture, spoon onto the baguette slices, and drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional).
More Delicious Appetizer Recipes
- Potato Skins
- Crab Rangoon Dip
- Bruschetta Recipe with Tomato and Basil
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
If you try making this Shrimp Bruschetta Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
- 8 firm Roma tomatoes - seeded and diced
- ½ pound cooked shrimp - peeled and sliced horizontally or into small chunks
- 3 green onions - chopped
- 8 ounces baby mozzarella cheese balls - halved or quartered
- 15 oz artichoke hearts - one 15 oz can, liquid drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- salt + pepper - to taste
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoon good quality basil pesto
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan - more if desired
- 1 avocado
- Balsamic glaze - for serving
- 1 French Baguette - sliced and toasted
- Olive oil
- In a large bowl combine the seeded and diced tomatoes, chopped shrimp, green onion, quartered mozzarella balls, and chopped artichoke hearts.
- In a smaller bowl whisk together the minced garlic, salt and pepper, lemon juice, pesto and grated parmesan cheese.
- Carefully stir together the shrimp and tomato mixture with the pesto mixture. Cover and place in the refrigerator while toasting baguette slices.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Slice baguette into 1/4 inch thick pieces and lay them in an even layer on a baking sheet or baking stone. Using a pastry brush, brush a small amount of olive oil on each side of each piece of bread. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and transfer to a platter for serving.
- When ready to serve, peel and chop the avocado into small cubes and add to shrimp mixture. Carefully spoon a small spoonful onto the top of each piece of toasted baguette and drizzle with balsamic glaze (if desired).
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)