Learn how to make a healthy Buckwheat Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl which will get you off to a healthy start in the morning!
So, I’m going to be honest real quick- my brain is mush. I have literally sat here for the past 10 minutes trying to think of something clever to say, and I have nothing. I find that I go through phases where, creatively, I am totally on and pumped and ready for my next project. I would happily create, style and photograph all day long and simply retreat into my own little creative bubble. But writing? Putting that creative energy into words? Total struggle. Now, I could psychoanalyze myself, but I won’t because in the end it’s probably just hormones. Besides, I have to leave to pick up my child in 20 minutes. But, if see some shorter posts the next couple days, this is probably why.
Not to worry, though, the food will be on point (at least my version anyway).
To get your weekend started and boost me back up after a long run, I made oatmeal. But not just any oatmeal- buckwheat oatmeal. I don’t know why, but I am obsessed with buckwheat. To be honest, I didn’t really notice a difference in taste from buckwheat oatmeal and regular oatmeal, but that may have something to do with all the other AWESOME things added to this bowl- banana, cinnamon, cocoa nibs, sunflower seeds, almond butter…
If there is any way to start a day (right) it is with a bowl of this.
Buckwheat Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 cup dry creamy buckwheat hot cereal (cooked according to package instructions)
- Milk of choice (almond, cow, soy, coconut)
- 1 banana (sliced in half horizontally)
- 7 fresh strawberries (slice)
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- Prepare oatmeal according to package instructions and divide between two serving bowls.
- While the oatmeal is still hot add desired amount of milk to each bowl, dividing fruit, seeds and peanut butter between bowls.
- Serve immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)