This Easy Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola® Chili and Sausage Dog recipe has been sponsored by The Coca-Cola® Company. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Summer celebrations have started and what better way to enjoy family and friends than outdoors with these Easy Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola® Chili and Sausage Dogs!
Who grew up eating chili? You…and you…and you? Everyone? YES! Chili is one of those classic, easy, comfort foods. I know that I grew up eating my moms beef chili at least once or twice a month.
Now, one more question. Who grew up eating CHILI DOGS? You…not you…maybe you?
Chili dogs were another one of my favorites as a kid. Sheesh, I have a lot of favorite foods from childhood. But, I did really love food as a kid, so it totally makes sense that many of the most memorable moments of my younger years revolve around eating.
Anyway, I will save those embarrassing slash hilarious stories for a different day. They deserve their own post they’re that good.
So, one thing from my childhood that did not exist was the pressure cooker. My mom always made our chili in the slow cooker (which is also awesome), but you guys, the pressure cooker is where it’s at for all things chili. So that’s what I have here today.
Actually, that’s a lie.
I have way more than that.
Today I’m sharing this Pressure Cooker COCA-COLA® CHILI…with sausage dogs! Because it’s summer and obviously.
The steps for this Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola® Chili are quite simple.
- Head to your local Sam’s Club and pick up the new and totally adorable Coca-Cola® Mini Cans. No idea where Sam’s Club is near you? Find yours here, https://www.samsclub.com/locator
- Go to Sam’s Club. Browse the aisles and stock up on all your summer snacks and drinks. They also have an awesome Scan & Go app which allows you to scan and pay for your items through the app on your phone! No more long lines which…have you seen me at the store with my 4-year-old? You’ll understand why such things have been invented.
- Cook it up. This chili recipe really couldn’t be any easier. But, just in case you’re a visual learner, I made a video just for you.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THIS CHILI IN ACTION.
So, this Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola® Chili is great alone, but why not add it to SAUSAGE DOGS?
thinking thinking thinking…
Nope, I couldn’t think of a good reason why this Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola® Chili wouldn’t be great piled on top of a sausage. So that’s what I did. And since I love all things buffet style or “bar” style, I made an EASY sausage dog bar with this Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola®® Chili.
What do you need for an awesome Sausage Dog Bar?
Ok, to be totally honest, hot dog and sausage bars can get a little crazy (bahahahaha, totally cracked myself up on that one). Sorry, focusing…
What I mean is, you can add almost anything to a sausage dog. Like, anything. However, for today, and given that I already had the Coca-Cola® Chili, I decided not to go too crazy. But, if crazy is how you operate, then PLEASE go for it! And please take a picture and tag me so I can see what you come up with (let’s keep it PG, please).
What do I have here,
- Ketchup and mustard
- Relish and pickled jalapeño
- Green onions and diced white onion
I mean, who wouldn’t want to eat this and wash it down with an ICE COLD Coca-Cola® Mini Can?
I know that my tribe went bonkers for every last bit of it. Even my biggest critic, the 4-year-old, commented that it was the best dinner I ever made.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
PRESSURE COOKER COCA COLA® CHILI WITH SAUSAGE DOGS
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 7.5 ounces Coca Cola® (1 Coca-Cola® Mini)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes in juice, (2 cans)
- 32 ounces red kidney beans drained and rinsed, (2 cans)
- Shredded cheese, for serving
- fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Turn your Instant Pot on and set to SAUTÉ.
- Add the olive oil. Once hot, add the minced onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the minced garlic and continue to saute for one minute more.
- Lightly brown the ground meat. To your Instant Pot add the ground meat. Use a rubber spatula to break apart and mix with the garlic and onions. Continue to cook for 5-6 minutes, or until meat is browned on the outside.
- Add the salt, cumin, chili powder, and chipotle powder to the pot. Mix well. Add the tomato paste and mix well.
- Finally, stir in the Coca-Cola® Mini, chicken broth, diced tomatoes and the red kidney beans (drained) with the meat and onions. Cover and set to "Pressure Cooker" on high for 12 minutes. Allow pressure to release for 10-15 minutes or quick release with the vent.
- Serve garnished with shredded cheese and fresh parsley or as part of a Hot Dog Bar with all the fixings!