Delicious and so super healthy, this Smashed Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich is lunch done right.
If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed that I am down in Los Angeles this weekend for some much-needed sister bonding time. She is 23 weeks pregnant with her first and some (kid free) sister time was mandatory before she pops her little nugget out in November.
In other words, I don’t have a lot of time to chat…
I did, however, want to leave you guys with one of my all-time favorite lunch sandwiches. Totally vegetarian and packed full of awesome fell-good foods, this sandwich will leave you feeling full and satisfied all day long 🙂
Plus, it takes about 5 minutes to make. Oh! and leftovers make for a great second sandwich the next day.
For even more protein, I’m going to venture a guess that a hard boiled egg mixed in there would also taste delish!
Happy lunching! and weekend! On that note, I’m off to the beach! yay!
Smashed Avocado and Chickpea Sandwich with Peppery Radish SproutsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1.5 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 carrot - shredded
- salt + pepper - to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes - optional
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 cup Radish sprouts - or 1 handful
- 2 slices whole grain bread - or bread of choice
- In a medium bowl mash avocado with yogurt until it reaches desired consistency (I prefer mine a little chunkier). Add the cooked chickpeas, shredded carrot (I used a cheese grater to shred mine), salt and pepper, chili flakes and lemon juice. Season to taste.
- Transfer to one slice of whole grain bread and top with desired amount of radish sprouts (or other sprout of choice) and the other slice of bread. Cut in half and serve.