This irresistible Snickers Salad is a sweet dessert salad filled with tart Granny Smith apples and Snickers candy bars in a creamy mixture of cheesecake pudding and whipped topping. A crowd favorite bursting with crunch and flavor!
Apple Snickers Salad
This may not be your traditional leafy green salad, but I am here for every single delicious candy-filled bite. Just like the ambrosia salad and the Watergate salad, this dessert “salad” may be a misnomer to some of us, but the combination of ingredients makes perfect sense. Besides, I’ll take any excuse to enjoy more candy bars. So, what makes this Snickers salad so perfect?
- It’s ready in just 20 minutes!
- Perfect for entertaining – share with friends and family at potlucks, parties, and summer BBQs.
- It is easily modified with simple substitutions and additions.
Find the printable recipe with measurements in the recipe card below.
- Snickers Candy Bars: This dessert salad calls for chopped Snickers candy bars. Feel free to use leftover fun-size Halloween candy or full-size bars; just be sure to chop whatever you’ve got into small bite-sized pieces that are easy to chew.
- Granny Smith Apples: Personally, I find that Granny Smith apples are the best apples for this recipe. They’re tart, crisp, and green! All wonderful contrasts to the sweet chocolate and creamy pudding mixture. Honeycrisp or Pink Lady apples are great alternatives.
- Whipped Pudding Mixture: The creamy pudding mixture is made with a combination of cream cheese, vanilla extract, milk, instant cheesecake pudding mix, and store-bought whipped topping (Cool Whip). The cheesecake pudding mix instantly turned this fun dessert into a no-bake, 20-minute cheesecake Snickers salad. Feel free to use instant vanilla pudding mix instead.
- Caramel Sauce: The salad is finished with a little drizzle of caramel sauce. Chocolate sauce or butterscotch would also be delicious.
Optional Additions: Bananas, grapes, strawberries, marshmallows, chocolate chips, pistachios, or crushed peanuts.
How to Make Snickers Salad
1. Prepare the Creamy Pudding Mixture. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth. Add ¼ cup of milk and the vanilla extract and continue to beat until fully incorporated. Then, with the electric mixer running continuously, slowly add the remaining milk, a little at a time, to prevent clumps. Finally, add the pudding mix and mix for 2 minutes until thickened, then fold in the whipped topping.
2. Fold the chopped apples and the Snickers candy pieces into the pudding mixture, then cover and chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Remove from the refrigerator, stir gently, and drizzle with caramel sauce, if desired.
Due to the combination of fresh fruit and dairy, it’s best to refrigerate Snickers salad as soon as possible after serving. Transfer leftovers to an airtight container and place them in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freezing is not recommended.
More Fruit Salad Recipes
- Ambrosia Salad
- Watergate Salad
- Grape Salad Recipe
- Waldorf Salad Recipe
- Easy Fruit Salad Recipe
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
If you try making this Snickers Salad Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1 cup cold milk - divided, I used 2% milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 (3.4-ounce) box instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container whipped topping - i.e. Cool Whip
- 1 (18.71-ounce package) fun size Snickers candy bars - chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 Granny Smith apples - cored and diced (about 3 cups)
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in ¼ cup of the milk and the vanilla extract and continue to beat until fully incorporated. Then, with the electric mixer running continuously, slowly add the remaining milk, a little at a time, to prevent clumps.
- Mix in the pudding mix for 2 minutes until thickened then fold in the whipped topping.
- Fold the chopped apples and the Snickers candy pieces into the pudding mixture, then cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle with the caramel sauce just before serving.
- Keep leftovers stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.
- Optional additions and substitutions: Twix candy bar, Milky Way candy bar (or other favorite chocolate/nut candy bar), banana, grapes, strawberries, vanilla pudding mix, marshmallows, chocolate chips, pistachios, or crushed peanuts.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)