This delicious Warm Brie is baked (or microwaved) to melty, gooey perfection that is perfect for dipping! Topped with savory Roasted Cranberries and Rosemary, this is one of the easiest and most affordable holiday appetizers you’ll ever make.
Warm Brie Recipe with Savory Roasted Cranberries
It’s the holidays and you have no idea what to serve as an appetizer. Or perhaps you do, but you’ve run out of time and guests will be arriving any minute. Or, maybe it’s not the holidays at all, but a random Tuesday night and your hormones are screaming for cheese and carbs (and chocolate) for dinner.
We’ve all been there. Well, except for that last part. Ladies, maybe you’ll understand the screaming hormones better than our gentlemen friends.
Anyway, regardless of when or where, party setting or PJ party for one, baked brie is always a phenomenal idea.
And you are going to love this recipe! It’s,
- Super easy to make
- Requires just 5 ingredients
- Can be warmed in the oven or the microwave
- Gluten-free and vegetarian
- A perfect balance of sweet, tart, and savory
- Great for sharing…or not!
What is Baked Brie?
If you’re wondering what exactly baked brie is, let me explain.
It’s a wheel of brie incased in the rind. The rind, not yet cut, prevents the brie cheese inside from gushing out as it is warmed either in the oven or in the microwave. Once the rind is cut, the warm, gooey, cheese gushes out and is perfect for spreading and scooping onto crackers and bread.
The rind is completely edible! So no need to toss it out (unless you want to).
How to Make Baked Brie with Roasted Cranberries
Save time by skipping the roasted cranberries. Try adding cranberry sauce instead!
1. Roast the Cranberries
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
Toss the cranberries and rosemary in olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
Roast for 12-15 minutes, or until the cranberries are just starting to burst.
2. Warm the Brie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees°F. Remove the brie wheel from any packaging and transfer to a small, shallow ovenproof dish or lined baking sheet.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese round is warm and softened on the sides.
Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes before very carefully transferring to a shallow bowl or serving plate/board.
What are some other fun toppings for warm brie? Really? Just about anything! Although the most popular usually include something sweet and sticky like jam or sugars, nuts, and fruit.
- Fig jam, apricot jam, any and all jam!
- Jelly and marmalades
- Dried fruit
- Nuts or seeds (you’ll want to coat them in a little oil, however, to prevent them from burning)
- Caramelized onions
- Brown sugar and maple syrup
- Fried apples
More Holiday Appetizers,
If you make this Baked Brie Recipe with Savory Roasted Cranberries, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Baked Brie with Savory Roasted Cranberries
For the Roasted Cranberries and Rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cranberries, olive oil, rosemary, and salt to your prepared sheet pan. Toss well to coat the cranberries in oil and salt.
- Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for 12-15 minutes, or until the cranberries are just starting to burst.
For the Brie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees°F.
- Unwrap the brie and transfer to a small, shallow ovenproof dish or place in the center of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese round is warm and softened on the sides.
- Remove from the oven and very carefully transfer to a shallow bowl or serving plate/board. Top with the roasted cranberries, a drizzle of honey, and flakey sea salt, if desired. Best served immediately.
- To microwave: Heat the brie in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, or just until it starts to become warm and softened on the sides.
- Try this recipe with other fun cheeses such as camembert.
- If cranberries are unavailable, try using another type of fruit - grapes, strawberries, or even blueberries.
- I love to serve this appetizer with toasted baguette or water crackers.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)