Do you guys remember this post from a couple weeks ago declaring my love for flatbread pizza?
I wasn’t kidding.
Since then, I have been ALL about these deliciously easy little pizzas and pretty much eat them on the regular. I justify the fact that I now eat pizza at least 3-4 times a week by telling myself that they are covered in healthy stuff like fruit and veggies.
I mean, c’mon, do you see those greens on top of those bursting blueberries?!
So much good stuff!
You can pile on whatever you want; seriously, the sky is the limit. For these, however, I wanted something sweet mixed with something savory.
These Blueberry and Honey Caramelized Onion Naan Pizza with Ricotta and Feta were PERFECT. Since I caramelized the onion, these beauties may not have been as super fast as I’ve been preaching, but they were totally worth it.
Blueberry and Honey Caramelized Onion Naan Pizza
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place each naan on the prepared baking sheet and brush with a light layer of olive oil. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a medium skillet over medium high heat. Once melted add the sliced onion and a small pinch of salt. Mix the onions well until fully coated in butter and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook onions until soft and golden, stirring frequently, approximately 25 minutes. Drizzle the honey over the onions and mix well. Continue to cook for an additional 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, as the onions cook, mix together the feta with the ricotta in a small bowl. Add a small pinch of salt, if desired. Optional, mix in a pinch of dried rosemary, if desired.
- Divide the cheese mixture between the two naan pizzas and spread evenly. Top with the caramelized onions and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven and bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until blueberries are just about to burst and naan is toasted.
- Remove from the oven, and top with micro kale or arugula. Best enjoyed immediately.