Pizza for breakfast- do I really need to say more?
Weekends call for breakfast celebrations. At least that’s how I like to do things over at my house because the weekdays? Well those mornings are a big hot mess that usually involve frozen waffles or pancakes or, if my family is really lucky, overnight oats.
So, on the weekends, I like to make an awesome breakfast at least once.
Thanks to a wild concoction of low sugar levels and crazy hormones, I decided to make breakfast pizza.
Just in case you’re wondering, breakfast pizza is always a good idea. For starters, it’s as easy as pie to make (side note- is this a real saying? I know I’ve heard it several times before, but it makes no sense. Pie is not easy, you guys. This, THIS is easy). Anyway, as I was saying, grab a couple naan or flatbread, add your fav toppings, cheese and a fried egg. Bam! Breakfast is ready.
Breakfast not your thing? Make it for lunch. Or dinner!
Flatbread pizzas are pretty much the most amazing thing in the whole world.
Unless you hate carbs; and in that case, more for me 😉
Breakfast Naan Pizza with Sauteéd Mushrooms and ShallotsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 2 pieces naan bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - + 2 tbsp divided
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 shallots - minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms - sliced
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 2 cooked fried eggs
- fresh chopped chives
- red pepper flakes
- sliced avocado
- cherry tomatoes
- micro greens
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Place the naan on the baking sheet and brush with a thin layer of oil (approximately 1 teaspoon each).
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and the diced shallots, stirring to coat. Cook the shallots for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until shallots are cooked and starting to brown. Add the minced garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the mushrooms and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir well. Cook the mushrooms with the shallots for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until mushrooms are fully cooked. Add the spinach to the mushrooms, stir to combine and remove skillet from the heat. Set aside.
- Top each naan pizza with half the cheese followed by a large spoonful of the mushroom spinach mixture. Finally, top with the remaining cheese and transfer baking sheet to the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Meanwhile, as the pizza bakes, fry up an egg or two and prepare remaining toppings. When pizza is ready, remove the the oven, sprinkle with chives, tomatoes, sliced avocado, fried egg and micro greens.