Delicious chicken breast with Homemade Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto, fresh greens and tangy feta cheese sandwiched between lightly toasted bread. Hello, lunch! (and dinner!)
Today was a great day.
Until my husband and I started talking about travel plans and I overwhelmed him with my list and he broke my heart with all his talk about being “responsible” and “practical”.
If you know me, you know I have A LOT to say about the subject of travel. Too much to squeeze in tonight’s post at 10pm.
The need to travel and experience other cultures is woven into my soul. Some days I feel like I need to travel just as much as I need food. Not long ago I thought I had my whole life to experience and see and taste and feel the beauty in this world. But then, one day, something happened. Something horrible and confusing and unexplained.
Having a stroke at 28 changed me.
My priorities are no longer to own the biggest house, or even own a home at all.
My priorities are to teach my son about this world, get him out of his bubble, meet other cultures, respect them, respect nature, respect his most important home. After all, he’s the future, right?
But, my husband did not live the stroke. Unless you actually live it and feel what it’s like to think “oh my god, I’m going to die”, you have no idea.
So, until we win the lottery, I’ll keep fighting the fight.
Oh ya, and just in case you needed some inspiration after yesterday’s post, I made you a sandwich 🙂 With that delicious Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, of course. Seriously though, you guys, this sandwich is so EASY and so good. Talk about the fastest make-ahead meal EVER!
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich
FOR THE SUN-DRIED TOMATO PESTO
FOR THE SANDWICH
- 2 large chicken breasts - cooked and chopped into cubes
- 2.5 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto - see above
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon slivered almonds
- salt + pepper - to taste
- 4 slices of bread - your favorite
- Fresh greens - I used fresh arugula and pea shoots
- Feta cheese
FOR THE PESTO
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a large blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Season to taste and add shredded parmesan cheese, if desired. Set aside 2-3 tablespoon of the pesto in a large bowl and store the remaining pesto in an air tight container in the refrigerator for later use.
- In a medium bowl combine the cooked chicken with the prepared tomato pesto, mayo, Greek yogurt, slivered almond, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lightly toast your favorite bread (I used sourdough) and top with a generous scoop (or two!) of sun-dried tomato chicken salad, fresh greens and feta cheese.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)
Leave a Reply