Super healthy foods like freekeh, beets, oranges, and avocado are just part of what make this nutritious 30 minute Sweet Chili Miso Salmon Salad a dinner win any night of the week!
There are few things in this world, I’ve discovered, that are better than a Sweet Chili Miso Salmon Salad.
Ok, that is a small exaggeration, BUT, if I had to eat salmon one way for the rest of my life, it would likely be smothered in miso with a side of avocado. After all, power foods. Of course, there are a million ways to enjoy salmon, but I’m slightly biased and think this way is definitely top 5.
I mean, just look at it! I’m not even hungry and I still want to eat my computer screen.
Anyway, the salmon is not the only thing delicious going on in this Sweet Chili Miso Salmon Salad. As with all salad bowls on this blog, I made sure to pack it with all kinds of other body and brain foods.
Freekeh (my personal fav), cooked and peeled beets, sweet oranges, crunchy greens, and creamy avocado. It really is a dream come true.
If freekeh isn’t your favorite, or you have no idea what it is (and don’t want to try it out), quinoa, rice, or even cauliflower rice would all be delicious (and healthy!) alternatives.
But definitely don’t skip the salmon or avocado. Also the oranges and beets, you’ll want those in there, too.
In other news, I have (probably) the most hilarious story that I am dying to tell you. Unfortunately, we’re all going to have to wait since I literally have 2 minutes to get this post published.
Let’s just say my favorite little human decided to get nice and sick about an hour after I picked him up from school. Lots of vomit later, the poor little guy is passed out on the living room floor, right next to his puke bucket.
My husband is out getting meds from the pharmacy, so this is my chance…
If you haven’t lost your appetite (oops), this is definitely a recipe worth bookmarking or just making like…right now.
So serious, miso is one of my favorite ingredients to cook with.
Add it to salmon and magic happens.
Add it to a bowl already filled with awesomeness and you will have one very happy tummy.
Sweet Chili Miso Salmon Salad with Freekeh, Beets and Oranges
FOR THE FISH:
- 1.75 pounds salmon fillets - or 4 small individual salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1.5 tbsp ginger - freshly grated
FOR THE SALAD BOWLS:
- 4 cups cooked freekeh
- 4 cups shredded red + greed cabbage
- 1 head romaine lettuce - chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro - chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots - shredded and chopped
- 2 oranges - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cooked beets - chopped
- 2 avocado - pits removed and sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds - green onion, and lime wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a medium size rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray and lay out salmon filets, skin-side-down.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, Thai sweet red chili sauce, lemon juice, minced garlic, miso paste and grated ginger. Pour sauce over salmon fillets, trying to keep as much on top on the fillets as possible.
- Bake salmon for 10-12 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F (try to avoid overcooking as it will dry-out the salmon).
- As the salmon bakes, prepare your bowls- start with cooked freekeh (or preferred favorite grain), shredded cabbage, lettuce, green onion, cilantro and carrots. Finish by piling on fresh chopped oranges, beets, avocado, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and, of course, salmon!
If you love this Sweet Chili Miso Salmon Salad, you may also enjoy-