Officially the best way to prepare salmon, this Easy Sheet Pan Chili Lime Orange Salmon is juicy, bursting with flavor, and requires a single sheet pan to cook it all together.Jump to Recipe
Before I go any further with this post let me just say one thing- make this salmon. Not joking, this is one of the very best ways I prepare salmon and it’s always a HUGE hit. Moist, flavorful, and super easy to prepare.
Anyway, being in New Zealand made me think of salmon since,
- I ate salmon for dinner.
- Salmon is extremely popular here.
- I will absolutely cook this up when I get home since it’s healthy and easy and I will need both of those things.
This salmon has been marinated in chili and lime and orange and cooked to absolute perfection.
No really. I don’t exaggerate such things.
In other news, I saw with my very own eyes today that it is possible to have glaciers, year-round, just off the ocean and in the rainforest. New Zealand is officially one of my most favorite places on this planet. Now, how to get a job here since I can’t stand the thought of sending my child to school in a country where he may be shot.
Sorry, not sorry.
Easy Sheet Pan Chili Lime and Orange Salmon
- Juice from 2 limes
- Zest and juice from 1 orange
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce (store-bought or homemade) see notes
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 4 salmon fillets (wild-caught is best)
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 onion cut into wedges
- Additional sweet chili sauce, cilantro and lime to garnish
- Preheat oven to high broil. Line baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the lime juice, orange zest and juice, water, parsley, cilantro, olive oil, minced garlic, soy sauce, salt, sweet chili sauce, cumin, and red chili flakes to combine.
- Transfer the salmon fillets, bell pepper, and onion to the baking sheet and arrange in a single layer (use a second baking sheet if needed).
- Pour approximately half the prepared marinade over the salmon fillets and bell peppers. Carefully toss the vegetables to coat and flip the salmon over and back to fully coat in the marinade.
- Transfer sheet(s) to the oven and broil for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until the peppers are just starting to char around the edges and the salmon is fully cooked through. Rotate the pan once during cooking.
- Remove pan from the oven and serve immediately with remaining marinade.
If you enjoy these Chili Lime Orange Salmon, you may also enjoy these recipes: