These Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside and so easy to make- no deep-frying needed! The best chicken wings you’ll ever have, toss them with your favorite buffalo sauce and serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, and blue cheese dip.
Buffalo Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Using the air fryer to cook chicken wings is the perfect way to get super crispy, juicy delicious wings without deep frying. Super simple to make, air fryer buffalo wings are my go-to gameday entertaining snack and best friend anytime I’m craving tangy, flavorful, feel-good food. Tossed in my homemade buffalo sauce, no one will ever know that these awesome wings aren’t deep fried!
How does the air fryer work?
Similar to convection ovens, air fryers use circulating hot air to cook (and in this case crisp) food. Unlike regular convection ovens, however, air fryers take up a much smaller space, resulting in instant, focused heating and more efficient cooking.
How to Cook Chicken Wings in the Air Fryer
Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees Fahrenheit and pat your wings completely dry with a paper towel. Season all over with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Transfer to the air fryer basket in a single layer – this insures optimal crispiness.
Cook the wings for 10 minutes then flip each piece of chicken over. Continue to cook for an additional 8 minutes. Stop and flip the wings again. Increase the temperature to 400 degrees F and cook for 2-4 minutes. By this point, they should be nice and crispy.
Transfer to a large bowl and toss with homemade buffalo sauce or your favorite store-bought sauce of choice.
The only hot sauce I recommend when making your own buffalo wing sauce is Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Hot Sauce. It makes the best sauce and the best wings ever!
How to Serve Crispy Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
These delicious, saucy, and crispy little bites of sunshine are really great served with a beer (or two), celery sticks, carrot sticks, french fries, and your favorite creamy dip or dressing. I’m partial to ranch dressing, but you’ll most often find buffalo wings with a side of blue cheese dressing.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Chicken Wings?
For best results, reheat these air-fried chicken wings in an air fryer heated to 375 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. You can also reheat them in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 3-5 minutes. And if you’re in a hurry, microwave until heated through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Simply place the frozen chicken wingettes and drumettes in an air fryer preheated to 400 degrees F. Cook them for 6 minutes. Remove the basket and use a spoon to carefully break apart the chicken pieces. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Reduce heat to 370 degrees F and continue cooking as instructed.
When cooked at 370 degrees F it takes approximately 22 minutes for the wings to fully cook and get crispy. At 400 degrees F, it will take about 15-20 minutes.
Yes. Cook the drumsticks in an air fryer preheated to 370 degrees. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Most importantly, use a digital meat thermometer and insert it into the thickest part of the wing. It should register 165 degrees F.
I LOVE my Cosori Air Fryer Max XL.
Have you tried making Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings?
Tell me about it in the comments below! I always love to hear your thoughts. And tag me #theforkedspoon on Instagram if you’ve made any of my recipes, I always love to see what you’re cooking in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
For the Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Preheat the air fryer to 370°F and spray the basket of a 3-quart or larger air fryer with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pat the wings dry with paper towels and transfer the wings to a large bowl. Sprinkle them all over with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Place the wings in the basket in a single layer, making sure they don't touch (you may need to cook them in two batches).
- Cook the wings for 10 minutes then remove the basket and carefully flip each chicken wing over. Continue cooking for an additional 8 minutes. Remove the basket once more flip the chicken wings again. Increase the air fryer temperature to 400°F and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes. The skin should look golden and crispy.
- As the chicken wings are air frying, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a small saucepot over low heat, melt the butter. Once the butter has melted, stir in the hot sauce, white vinegar, and garlic powder. Whisk well and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Transfer the cooked wings to a large mixing bowl. Toss thoroughly with approximately ¾ of the buffalo sauce, reserving the rest for dipping. Transfer the wings to a large serving plate and garnish with crumbled blue cheese and chives, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)