This Brie Grilled Cheese Sandwich pairs creamy French Brie cheese with fresh blackberries and sweet peaches, delivering a truly delicious explosion of flavors in every unforgettable bite.
Why You’ll Love Brie Grilled Cheese
Fresh fruit in a grilled cheese sandwich? Yes! In my opinion, all fruit belongs with all cheese, but fresh berries and creamy melted brie are simply made for each other – especially when enjoyed with a glass of crisp and refreshing white wine. These delightful sandwiches are perfect for your next French-inspired luncheon with friends or a romantic lunch for two when something easy, somewhat messy, and totally decadent is on the menu.
Remember, the key to making the best-grilled sandwich is, of course, always the bread, so don’t skip on finding the very best sourdough or other rustic bread to complement the fruit and cheese in this easy recipe.
Can I replace the berries with fruit jam?
Yes, if you don’t happen to have fresh berries or peaches available, you can smear fresh jam over the brie, keeping in mind that, depending on the jam’s sugar content, it will be a tad sweeter.
How to Make Brie Grilled Cheese
- Butter the bread: Begin by smearing one tablespoon of butter per 2 slices of bread.
- Add the toppings: In between the non-buttered sides of the bread, layer half the sliced brie, mashed blackberries, sliced peaches, and the remaining brie.
- Grill the sandwiches: In a large skillet over medium heat, grill the sandwiches until they turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
More Delicious Sandwich Recipes
- Banh Mi (Vietnamese Sandwich)
- Reuben Sandwich
- Cherry BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
- Freezer-Friendly Croissant Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Avocado Toast
If you try making this Brie Grilled Cheese Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread - fresh
- 4 tablespoon President Butter - softened
- 8 ounces La Chatêlain Brie - sliced
- 2 peaches - pitted and thinly sliced
- 6 ounces blackberries
- Spread 2 slices of bread with 1 tablespoon of butter. Place sourdough slices, butter-side-down, and top with half the sliced brie. In a small bowl, mash the blackberries with a fork and divide between the two sandwiches, spooning on top of the sliced brie. Arrange the sliced peaches on top of the smashed blackberries, finally topping with remaining sliced brie. Top each sandwich with the corresponding slice of bread and spread 1 tablespoon of butter on top of each.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sandwiches and cook until golden brown, approximately 3-4 minutes each side.
- Best served immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)