This Carrot Smoothie Recipe has been sponsored by the California Fresh Carrot Advisory Board. All opinions are my own.
Take a break from the chaos of everyday life and #crunchout with this 5-minute, vegan tropical Carrot Smoothie Recipe! Made with 100% carrot juice, oat milk, fresh ginger, banana, pineapple, and mango, the whole family will love this delicious treat – little ones included!
#Crunchout🥕 with Healthy Carrot Smoothies
After my recent trip to the Cook Islands, where the internet is slow (or often nonexistent), I realized how much I missed the simple days without social media. Of course, not entirely – I also love social media and connecting with my readers.
However, some days I need to unplug, recharge, and remove the distractions keeping me from my family. Does this sound like you, too?
Join me, and the California Crunch, Crunch, Crunch Council, to #crunchout🥕 and ditch social media (or maybe just your least favorite channel) for ONE DAY!
It can be any day of the week, Monday through Sunday, so no rush. I chose Sunday. Already my day off from the gym and official day to hang with the fam, I figured this would be the best time to kick back, hang with my favorite people, and drink some delicious carrot smoothies.
So, what do you think, can you go screen-free? I think you can! Crunch-out, destress, maybe even read a book <— my second take away from my recent travels. Read more books! I’m currently reading “The Institute ” by Stephen King. My goal was to find the book equivalent to the ID Discovery Channel (don’t judge…but I will take recommendations 😂).
How to make Carrot Smoothie
To make this smoothie you’re going to need a high-speed blender and a handful of simple ingredients, including:
- Carrot Juice – Not all carrot juice is created equally. In fact, most carrot juice available is probably a carrot juice “blend” of some sort to sweeten it up a bit. You could use this, of course, but to get the full nutritional benefits of carrot juice, you’ll want to use carrot juice that is 100% carrot juice listed as the ingredient.
- Oat Milk – I added oat milk (personal preference), but feel free to use what works best for you and your family. Prefer not to use any milk at all? Substitute with more carrot juice or use pineapple juice instead.
- Bananas – If you have frozen bananas, use them. Frozen bananas make smoothies extra cold and creamy.
- Frozen mango and pineapple – Frozen fruit is an absolute must. It’s like adding sweet, delicious-flavored ice cubes which helps keep your smoothie ice-cold.
- Fresh ginger – Ginger is believed to soothe upset tummies, fight infections, and boost immunity (source). I just think it tastes good.
For the full list and amounts of ingredients, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
How to make Carrot Smoothie
Add all ingredients to the bowl of a large blender, starting with the liquids (carrot juice and milk) and ending with the frozen ingredients (frozen fruit and ice).
Process until frozen mango and pineapple are fully blended and the ginger is completely processed.
You guys, my 6-year-old could not get enough of this orange-colored smoothie! Proof that my child does like some of the things I make for him.
Can You Use Fresh Carrots Instead of Carrot Juice?
If you can’t find 100% carrot juice, it’s super easy to simply toss a carrot or two into your smoothie! Simply wash, and roughly chop, before transferring to the bowl of your blender. The only thing you’ll need is a high-speed blender (my Vitamix tears through carrots no prob). If you’re concerned that your blender won’t be able to fully process your carrots, simply shred your carrots first. Easy, right?
And the bonus of adding whole carrots? All that healthy fiber plus the yummy juice.
More Smoothie Recipes,
If you try making this delicious Tropical Carrot Smoothie Recipe or #crunchout🥕for a day, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Tropical Carrot Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup fresh carrot juice
- 1 cup oat milk ((or milk of choice))
- 1 large banana ((or 2 small))
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger ((1 small knob of fresh ginger peeled))
- Add all ingredients to the bowl of a large blender, starting with the liquids (carrot juice and milk) and ending with the frozen ingredients (frozen fruit and ice).
- Process until frozen mango and pineapple are fully blended and the ginger is completely processed.
- Best served immediately.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)