This easy Pumpkin Smoothie is made with simple and healthy ingredients such as banana, unsweetened pumpkin puree, chia seeds, plain yogurt, pumpkin spice, and maple syrup. Creamy and delicious, this kid-approved pumpkin smoothie recipe is the perfect fall treat and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or even, dessert!
It is no secret that pumpkin, pumpkin spice, and pumpkin pie are a few of my favorite reasons to celebrate the cooler temperatures that arrive with autumn. So cozy and comforting, fall would be incomplete without my favorite sweet and savory pumpkin recipes.
So, when my 4-year-old asked for a smoothie, I decided to surprise him with a creamy pumpkin spiced, banana and maple syrup sweetened, pumpkin smoothie. A huge smoothie fan, I wasn’t sure what my most critical recipe-tester would think of the new flavor. Pumpkin pie isn’t his jam, so I knew this would be a gamble.
You guys, he drank nearly the whole thing. Not a whole serving. But the whole entire pumpkin-smoothie-filled-blender. He now requests this orange smoothie daily.
Ingredients in this delicious Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Pumpkin puree
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin pie seasoning
- Ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup
If you’re wondering how this smoothie could possibly be healthy and delicious, let me explain…
First, this pumpkin smoothie is sweet (thank you banana and maple syrup!), but it isn’t too sweet. In other words, does it have all the familiar flavors of real pumpkin pie? yes! Does it have so much sugar that all you can taste is, well, sugar? no.
In other words, healthy, yet delicious.
And that is why I love this pumpkin smoothie recipe. It’s refreshing, comforting, and so super good for you.
But is this pumpkin smoothie healthy?
Reasons why this pumpkin smoothie recipe is good for you.
- Pumpkin is a squash and squash is a vegetable. Translation, you’re drinking vegetables.
- The recipe calls for plain yogurt. No, not vanilla or sugar-filled flavored yogurt, just plain, boring, regular yogurt. Although it lacks the added sugar from flavored yogurt, it is still amazing.
- Chia seeds. Full of fiber and protein, chia seeds are a superfood and they’re in this pumpkin smoothie.
- Banana. I don’t care what anyone says, bananas, in moderation, are good for you.
Does this pumpkin smoothie actually taste like pie?
I think this would depend on the pumpkin pie. I realize that this may seem like a silly question with an even sillier answer, but not all pumpkin pies are created equal.
A store-bought pumpkin pie would surely taste different than a pie I would bake in my own kitchen. Why? I would add less sugar to my pie.
With that said, this pumpkin smoothie absolutely tastes like pumpkin pie. Less sweet, yes. But sweet enough? absolutely. Of course, should you desire a sweeter smoothie, simply add more maple syrup, banana, or swap out the plain yogurt for vanilla.
To make this pumpkin smoothie, simply add all the ingredients to your blender and process until smooth and super creamy. If you prefer a more liquidy smoothie, simply add more milk. A creamier smoothie, add additional yogurt or banana. And though the recipe will make 4 small or 2 large smoothies, you may easily modify the amounts should you wish to make more or less.
For more sweet pumpkin recipes check out,
- Persimmon Pumpkin Pudding Cake
- Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
- Pumpkin Pie Spice Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Pumpkin Churro French Toast Sticks with Pumpkin Spice Icing
For more savory pumpkin recipes check out,
- Cheesy Pumpkin Quesadilla with Sausage and Maple Pumpkin Yogurt Sauce
- Spicy Thai Pumpkin and Butternut Squash Ramen with Chicken
- Thai Pumpkin + Sweet Potato Soup with Lemongrass and Ginger
- Chipotle Pumpkin Veggie Burgers
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS PUMPKIN SMOOTHIE RECIPE AND SURPRISE YOUR FAMILY FOR BREAKFAST, DESSERT, OR ANY TIME YOU WANT TO MAKE DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICED SMOOTHIE.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Combine all ingredients (except for the whipped cream) in a large, high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide between glasses and top with whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy!