Easy and delicious Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe made with simple ingredients including strawberries, banana, milk, and creamy yogurt. Ready in less than 5-minutes, enjoy this luscious smoothie as a healthy breakfast, high-protein post-workout snack, or healthy dessert.
Easy Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
The first smoothie I ever tried was a strawberry banana smoothie from Robek’s Juice in the Calabasas Commons. I think I was twelve. They were basically the 90’s version of what all the cool kids were doing.
At least in my little LA bubble.
Anyway, much older and wiser, I’ve learned that despite the convenience of these take-away smoothies, they are also incredibly expensive. A total rip off. I think the last time my husband, son, and I got smoothies from Jamba Juice for a “snack” we walked out 30 dollars poorer.
If you haven’t already, it’s time to start making your very own delicious smoothies at home. It’s so easy and for a fraction of the price, you can have your very own Jamba copy-cat ready for the whole family in less than 5 minutes.
Stick with the classics, like this strawberry banana smoothie, or get fancy and add chia seeds, protein powder, collagen, or peanut butter.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
All you need are four fresh ingredients to make this delicious strawberry banana smoothie recipe.
- Plain Greek yogurt
These are the four ingredients I always add when I am craving something sweet and healthy.
To make your smoothie a bit more like you would get at your favorite smoothie place, you may want to,
- Swap the milk for orange or pineapple juice.
- Add frozen yogurt of frozen sherbert in place of the Greek yogurt.
The modifications above, while delicious, will increase the overall sugar content of your smoothie and therefore make it sweeter.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Making this smoothie is as easy as adding your milk, yogurt, strawberries, and bananas to your blender and blending until smooth. If you are using only fresh fruit I recommend adding a handful of ice otherwise it’s not necessary.
If your smoothie is too thick and won’t blend, slowly add more liquid until it does, or use the tamper to help push everything down and move things along.
See more tips below.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Tips
- Always add the liquid and/or “soft” ingredients to the blender first. Frozen fruit can be tricky to blend together. A good, high-powered, high-speed, blender with a tamper definitely helps, but it’s also helpful to add all your liquid and soft ingredients first. This includes milk, yogurt, or any fresh, non-frozen fruit.
- Skip the added sugar. This is especially true if you add vanilla yogurt which is pretty high in added sugars. If you already know you prefer a sweeter smoothie, try adding half milk, half orange juice.
- Frozen fruit is better than ice. Do you love super thick, super cold smoothies? Add frozen fruit (especially bananas) instead of ice. There is one exception- if you know you will be enjoying your smoothie right away, a little ice is OK and won’t risk watering down your smoothie.
- If this is the first time you’ve ever made a smoothie, measure your ingredients. At least roughly. The last thing you need is a smoothie without enough liquid that it’s impossible to blend.
- Make your smoothie dairy-free. It’s so easy to swap dairy milk and dairy yogurt for dairy-free alternatives like cashew, coconut, or almond.
More Delicious Smoothie Recipes,
If you try making this Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup milk ((cow's milk or dairy-free))
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt ((regular, Greek, or dairy-free))
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 large ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup Ice (optional - recommended if your fruit is not frozen)
- Add all ingredients to a large high-speed blender, starting with the milk and yogurt followed by the fruit and ice (if using). Blend until smooth. Add additional milk or yogurt, if needed.
- Best served immediately.
- I have owned and used the Vitamix 780 for years and years and love it!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)