Remember this post for my super yummy Game Day Lemon Olive Tapenade? Well, this weekend I decided to kick it up a notch with Olive Tapenade Baked Cheesy Bread.
Yes, CHEESY BREAD.
It’s simple: Soft, fluffy French bread + Olives + Delicious, gooey melted cheese
Let me put it this way: if you like olives, bread and cheese, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE this bread. I warn you, though, it is addicting and definitely not at all healthy.
Aside from it’s awesome taste, it’s crazy easy to prepare and perfect for entertaining a bunch of really hungry people. You can even prepare the cheesy tapenade stuffing ahead of time, saving loads of time on party day.
Worried about leftovers? Don’t be. In the off-chance that you find yourself with leftovers of this cheesy goodness, it’s just as delicious the next day (warm or cold) and fear not, the bread will not turn soggy (at least it shouldn’t).
In other news, my threenager was much less volatile today. We even managed to make it through the day without any major meltdowns (from either of us). My hope is that his day of tantrums yesterday will be enough to last him the rest of the week.
Yes, I know. I am totally dreaming.
Cheesy Olive Tapenade Stuffed French BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- 1 large loaf French Bread
- 1 heaping cup Lemony Olive Tapenade
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 ounces cream cheese - room temperature
- 2 ounces herbed goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter - melted
- 3 tablespoons mayo
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together the Lemony Olive Tapenade, sliced black olives and chopped green onions. Set aside.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, beat together the cream cheese, goat cheese, butter and mayo. Fold the cheese mixture with the tapenade olive mixture and add the shredded mozzarella.
- Using a large bread knife, carefully slice off the very "top" of the French bread loaf (slice it in half lengthwise). To make more room for the olive cheese mix, I scooped out a little of the inside soft bread- not too much, we still want some bread with the dip 😉
- Spread mixture thickly onto the sliced French Bread and sprinkle with a thin layer of mozzarella cheese, if desired.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and golden.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve. Best served immediately, or leftover and heated for up to 2-3 days.