These Grilled Salmon Burgers have been sponsored by Philips Kitchen Appliances. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Fresh and flavorful, these Grilled Salmon Burgers are a fun and healthy 30-minute recipe made with juicy grilled salmon, microgreens, and creamy Garlic Lemon Aioli. Enjoy these easy Salmon Burgers at your next game day celebration, summer BBQ, or weeknight dinner.
Grilled Salmon Burgers
If you love salmon and fun, bite-size foods then you are going to love these easy, healthy, and flavorful Grilled Salmon Burgers with Garlic Lemon Aioli.
Perfect for game days, rainy days, sad days, or Sundays, these juicy and delicious 30-minute Salmon Burgers are always a good idea.
I love all burgers, but these grilled salmon burgers are probably my favorite. Why do these beauties top the list?
- They’re the easiest thing in the whole wide world.
- Unlike beef or turkey burgers, there’s no mixing or shaping or fear of them falling apart.
- They look super fancy.
- Less mess and fewer dishes to get them prepared.
- They’re something different. We’ve all been to a party with hot dogs and cheeseburgers, but salmon sliders? Have you? Not me.
- Salmon rocks my socks off.
To keep this recipe super simple slice your salmon fillets into approximately 2×2-inch pieces so that they fit perfectly between my favorite pretzel slider buns. So much easier than mixing raw salmon burger patties, and just as fast!
Grilled Salmon Burger Ingredients
Unlike these Sesame Crusted Salmon Burgers, this recipe is made using entire salmon fillets. I love this for so many reasons, but mostly because it keeps things super simple.
For the juiciest, most flavorful salmon burgers you’ll also need to marinate them for at least 30 minutes.
Here’s what you need to make this recipe:
- soy sauce
- brown sugar
- vegetable oil
- lemon pepper
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- ground ginger
- salmon fillets
- slider buns
- mixed greens
How to make Grilled Salmon Burgers
- Prepare the marinade. Add all ingredients for the marinade to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Transfer marinade to a large ziplock bag and carefully transfer salmon chunks to the bag with the marinade. Allow salmon to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Prepare any toppings (such as the Lemon Garlic Aioli). Unless you plan to marinate your salmon for several hours, now is a good time to get everything else ready to go. This also includes any sides you may want to include or vegetables you may want to grill with the salmon.
- Grill the salmon. Preheat grill to medium and lightly brush grill grates with oil. Carefully transfer salmon to preheated grill, discarding any leftover marinade. Cook the salmon for approximately 5-8 minutes per side (time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish).
- Assemble and serve! I kept the toppings for these grilled salmon sliders minimal, but feel free to add all your favorites!
No grill? No problem.
The Philips Smokeless Grill. You guys, have you seen it? It’s basically a grill for indoors. It’s amazing and I love it. I am a person who hates going outside, uncovering the grill (black widows), getting it ready, and then cooking food while trying to keep an eye on my child who is most definitely up to no good. It’s a hassle and a huge pain. And, on the occasions that my husband grills, he will disappear outdoors for 45 minutes.
Don’t get me wrong…there is a time and a place for outdoor grilling. BUT, there is also a time and a place for indoor grilling. For example, game day. When you’d rather be hangin’ inside with your friends rather than outside with your grill. Or, in the middle of a snowstorm. And, for anyone out there without space or permit for an outdoor grill. I’ve been there and it’s the pits.
So what makes the Philips Smokeless Grill so great?
- Delivers perfectly grilled food every time with an authentic grilled taste – seared perfectly on the outside, and juicy on the inside.
- Virtually no smoke (80% less). This is possible due to unique infrared cooking technology which prevents hot fat from burning.
- Cooking temperature remains constant.
- Non-stick cast aluminum grill with wide grates for perfect grill marks
- It’s easy-to-use and easy-to-clean because the drip tray is always cool for minimal splattering.
- All parts are removable and dishwasher-safe.
What to serve on Grilled Salmon Burgers
BUT WAIT! We can’t forget about the Lemon Garlic Aioli (aka mayo mixed with garlic and lemon juice and a couple other things). While this fun and easy little addition isn’t a requirement, I can’t think of a good reason why anyone wouldn’t want to top their grilled salmon sliders with a dollop of this magic sauce.
Just kidding. Maybe food allergies or something like that. But, I can’t think of any other reason.
The word “aioli” used to scare me; as if it implied a complicated or fancy concoction. You guys, STOP the crazy talk… and thank me later 🙂
It’s also a fantastic dip for steamed artichokes and grilled veggies, but shhhhh– that’s totally not something I do all the time ;)
Other fantastic toppings include,
- Spinach or microgreens
- Watermelon radish
What to serve with Grilled Salmon Burgers
These delicious salmon burgers want to be served with everything!
If you try making these Grilled Salmon Burgers, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to read your thoughts and feedback!
For more salmon recipes check out,
- Honey Soy Salmon with Goat Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Salmon Crab Cakes
- Marinated Salmon Apple Salad
- Teriyaki Salmon Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Salmon Niçoise Salad with Shallot Caper Vinaigrette
- Sesame Crusted Salmon Burgers with Thai Cabbage Slaw
- Fresh Spring Salad with Smoked Salmon and Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Cioppino Recipe (Seafood Stew)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS EASY AND DELICIOUS SALMON BURGER RECIPE TO ENJOY AND SERVE FOR ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AT YOUR NEXT PARTY OR CELEBRATION!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Grilled Salmon Burgers with Garlic Lemon Aioli
For the Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/2 a large lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill, minced
For the Marinade
For the Sliders
- 2 pounds Salmon Fillets, responsibly, wild-caught salmon if possible
- 8 slider buns, I used brioche buns
- watermelon radish, thinly sliced
- micro green or lettuce
- asparagus and mini sweet peppers, for grilling
For the Lemon Garlic Aioli
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients for the Lemon Garlic Aioli and stir well to combine. Season with additional lemon juice and salt, to taste. Set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to set.
For the Marinade
- Add all ingredients for the marinade to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Transfer marinade to a large ziplock bag and carefully transfer salmon chunks to the bag with the marinade. Allow salmon to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
For the Sliders
- Outdoor grill- Preheat grill to medium and lightly brush grill grates with oil. Carefully transfer salmon to preheated grill, discarding any leftover marinade. Cook the salmon for approximately 5-8 minutes per side (time will vary depending on the thickness of your fish).
- Set your Philips Smokeless Grill to "grill" and preheat. Carefully brush the grates with a light coat of canola oil and transfer the salmon chunks to the grill, skin-side-down. Discard marinade. Allow salmon to cook for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side, or until salmon starts releasing white, creamy-looking beads on its surface (this means it's done). Remove salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate to rest.
- As the salmon rests, transfer the sliced slider buns to the grill and toast for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to burn. Turn off heat.
- Remove buns and top with a thick layer of micro greens, cooked salmon, watermelon radish, and lemon garlic aioli. Delicious served immediately, or leftover.
- OPTIONAL- the Philips Smokeless Grill is amazing for grilling vegetables such as asparagus, mini sweet peppers, corn, zucchini, etc. To grill, brush with a thin layer of vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked (cooking times will vary depending on the type of vegetable).