These Grilled Salmon Burgers have been sponsored by Philips Kitchen Appliances. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
Get ready for Game Day with this fast, fresh and easy 30-minute recipe for perfectly petit Grilled Salmon Burgers with Garlic Lemon Aioli.Jump to Recipe
Game days are always some of my favorite. Filled with family, friends, good food, and the inevitable division of teams within the group, it’s hard to have a bad time. No longer part of the kid group, I have finally come to learn and appreciate all the hard work that goes into preparing for even the smallest of parties. With so many moving parts, it’s no wonder hosts often feel left out of the fun.
To help combat this, I have two easy solutions that will make your next game day easier and less stressful, so that you, too, can be part of the division with the rest of the group and cheer on your favorite team.
Ok, so what do I have?
First and foremost, the Philips Smokeless Grill. You guys, have you seen it? It’s basically a grill for indoors. It’s amazing and I love it. I am a person who hates going outside, uncovering the grill (black widows), getting it ready, and then cooking food while trying to keep an eye on my child who is most definitely up to no good. It’s a hassle and a huge pain in my ass. And, on the occasions that my husband grills, he will disappear outdoors for 45 minutes.
Don’t get me wrong. There is a time and a place for outdoor grilling. BUT, there is also a time and a place for indoor grilling. For example, game day. When you’d rather be hangin’ inside with your friends rather than outside with your grill. Or, in the middle of a snowstorm. And, for anyone out there without space or permit for an outdoor grill. I’ve been there and it’s the pits.
So what makes the Philips Smokeless Grill so great?
- Delivers perfectly grilled food every time with an authentic grilled taste – seared perfectly on the outside, and juicy on the inside.
- Virtually no smoke (80% less). This is possible due to unique infrared cooking technology which prevents hot fat from burning.
- Cooking temperature remains constant.
- Non-stick cast aluminum grill with wide grates for perfect grill marks
- It’s easy-to-use and easy-to-clean because the drip tray is always cool for minimal splattering.
- All parts are removable and dishwasher-safe.
Aside from an awesome cooking appliance, a good party always needs good food. It’s the simplest requirement. Today I have sliders. But not just any sliders, you guys. Today I have grilled SALMON sliders.
I love all sliders, but grilled salmon sliders are probably my favorite. Why do these beauties top the list?
- They’re the easiest thing in the whole wide world.
- Unlike beef or turkey burgers, there’s no mixing or shaping or fear of them falling apart.
- They look super fancy.
- Less mess and fewer dishes to get them prepared.
- They’re something different. We’ve all been to a party with hot dogs and cheeseburgers, but salmon sliders? Have you? Not me.
- Salmon rocks my socks off.
With this in mind, I knew they would be the perfect thing to serve guests.
BUT WAIT! We can’t forget about the Lemon Garlic Aioli (aka mayo mixed with garlic and lemon juice and a couple other things). While this fun and easy little addition isn’t a requirement, I can’t think of a good reason why anyone wouldn’t want to top their grilled salmon sliders with a dollop of this magic sauce.
Just kidding. Maybe food allergies or something like that. But, I can’t think of any other reason.
The word “aioli” used to scare me; as if it implied a complicated or fancy concoction. You guys, STOP the crazy talk.
And thank me later 🙂
It’s also a fantastic dip for steamed artichokes and grilled veggies, but shhhhh– that’s totally not something I do all the time ;)
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE FORKED SPOON NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE WEEKLY RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
Grilled Salmon Burgers with Garlic Lemon Aioli
For the Lemon Garlic Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- Juice from 1/2 a large lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 tsp fresh dill minced
For the Marinade
For the Sliders
- 2 pounds Salmon Fillets responsibly, wild-caught salmon if possible
- 8 slider buns I used brioche buns
- watermelon radish thinly sliced
- micro green or lettuce
- asparagus and mini sweet peppers for grilling
For the Lemon Garlic Aioli
- In a medium bowl add all ingredients for the Lemon Garlic Aioli and stir well to combine. Season with additional lemon juice and salt, to taste. Set aside in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to set.
For the Marinade
- Add all ingredients for the marinade to a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Transfer marinade to a large ziplock bag and carefully transfer salmon chunks to the bag with the marinade. Allow salmon to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
For the Sliders
- Set your Philips Smokeless Grill to "grill" and preheat. Carefully brush the grates with a light coat of canola oil and transfer the salmon chunks to the grill, skin-side-down. Discard marinade. Allow salmon to cook for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side, or until salmon starts releasing white, creamy-looking beads on its surface (this means it's done). Remove salmon from the grill and transfer to a clean plate to rest.
- As the salmon rests, transfer the sliced slider buns to the grill and toast for 2-3 minutes, taking care not to burn. Turn off heat.
- Remove buns and top with a thick layer of micro greens, cooked salmon, watermelon radish, and lemon garlic aioli. Delicious served immediately, or leftover.
- OPTIONAL- the Philips Smokeless Grill is amazing for grilling vegetables such as asparagus, mini sweet peppers, corn, zucchini, etc. To grill, brush with a thin layer of vegetable oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes, or until cooked (cooking times will vary depending on the type of vegetable).