This Cherry Bruschetta Recipe with Whipped Goat Cheese and Ricotta is a fun, fresh, and easy summer snack or appetizer. Made with freshly grilled bread, sweet plums, cherries, and creamy whipped goat cheese and ricotta, these delicious toasts are the perfect combination of sweet and savory.
It’s summer. The weather is warm (or hot!), fresh fruit is everywhere, and people are starting to spend more and more time enjoying the beautiful sunshine. Like many, I find myself avoiding the oven and the kitchen and find any excuse I can to eat outdoors.
This Cherry Bruschetta with Whipped Goat Cheese and Ricotta is a perfect excuse.
Ready in less than 30 minutes, this lovely Cherry Bruschetta recipe is a far cry from the classic tomato and balsamic bruschetta we all know and love…but it is a good one.
INGREDIENTS IN THIS CHERRY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE
- Fresh cherries
- Goat cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh basil
- Crusty bread
- Olive oil
WHY I LOVE THIS CHERRY BRUSCHETTA
Bruschetta of all shapes, sizes, colors, and flavors has been one of my favorite summer foods to enjoy with family and friends for as long as I can possibly remember. This particular cherry bruschetta recipe, however, is especially memorable.
- It literally has all the essentials- bread, cheese, salty meat, and juicy sweet fruit.
- jk…we’re missing a vegetable. Does the basil count?
- All these polar opposite flavors work perfectly together.
- The salty meat balances the sweet cherries, while the creamy whipped goat cheese and ricotta balance the must-have crusty grilled bread.
- It’s easy…but looks like a million bucks.
- And fast! This cherry bruschetta recipe will not have you slaving away all day. The most annoying part is taking the pits out of the cherries.
- But that’s what the wine is for!
- This cherry bruschetta recipe is super easy to customize based on what’s in season. So, no cherries? no plums? Swap for other fruits that are more readily available year round.
HOW TO GRILL BREAD
Grilling bread is surprisingly easy and absolutely something everyone should learn how to do. Much better than toasting bread in the oven or even, somehow, the toaster, grilled bread is pretty special.
At its most basic, all you need are two ingredients- crusty bread and olive oil- and a grill. Because, you know, it’s grilled bread.
- Crank up the grill to medium hot.
- Brush both sides of bread with olive oil.
- Place the sliced bread on the grill and grill for approximately 2 minutes, or until grill marks appear.
- Flip and grill the other side for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove and enjoy.
Warm, crusty bread. Delicious as is, or smeared with whipped cheese.
WHAT SHOULD YOU SERVE WITH THIS CHERRY BRUSCHETTA
If you find yourself looking for a more complete meal, there are several ways this delicious Cherry Bruschetta Recipe with Whipped Goat Cheese and Ricotta can serve as the perfect side or inspiration.
- Serve alongside your favorite grilled chicken or steak.
- For some greens, toss some asparagus on the grill.
- Or make a simple green salad.
- Keep the grilled bread and the whipped goat cheese and ricotta (drizzled with honey, of course)…
- BUT, make a cherry and plum salsa to serve on top of your favorite grilled meat.
- Still savory. Still sweet. Now complete.
If you try making this Cherry Bruschetta, please leave me a comment and let me know! I always love to hear your thoughts.
For more cherry recipes check out,
- Cherry Coffee Cake Recipe
- Cherry Strawberry Lemonade Sangria
- Cinnamon Spice Cherry 7UP Spritzer
- Corn and Goat Cheese Fritters with Cherry and Tomato Salsa
- Cherry Overnight Oats with Cherry Banana Nice Cream
- Cherry and Rocket Panzanella Salad
- Roasted Peach and Cherry Coconut Popsicles
- Cherry BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Pickled Red Onions + Coleslaw
DON’T FORGET TO PIN AND SHARE THIS CHERRY BRUSCHETTA RECIPE AND ADD IT TO YOUR NEXT WEEKLY MEAL PLAN!
Cherry Bruschetta Recipe with Whipped Goat Cheese and Ricotta
- 2 ripe, yet firm plums - chopped into small cubes
- 1 ½ cups fresh cherries - pits removed and halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary - finely minced
- 1 loaf baguette or crusty bread - sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- fresh basil - chiffonade
FOR THE CHERRY BRUSCHETTA
- In a medium bowl combine the pitted and chopped cherries, chopped plums and a splash of orange juice. Gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- In the meantime, in a separate bowl whip together the ricotta, goat cheese, honey, and fresh rosemary. Season to taste with additional honey or rosemary, if desired. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to use.
FOR THE GRILLED BREAD
- Cut bread into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Brush each side with a light layer of olive oil.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Once warm, add the bread to the grill and toast for approximately 2 minutes, or until grill marks form. Flip, and grill the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes more. Remove.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the goat cheese and ricotta mixture over each piece of grilled bread. Top each piece of bread with prosciutto, the cherry and plum mixture, and fresh basil. Drizzle with additional honey, if desired.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)