When Thanksgiving leftovers, bbq pizza, and pie make a baby you get this (better than Thanksgiving dinner) Cranberry BBQ Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Pizza Pie.
This time next week I will be prepping for the big meal. I say this because I am always the person who gets up for seconds (or even thirds) and typically receives comments form family members in the realm of, “wow! good for you!”
Yes, thank you. I know I like to eat and I do a very good job at it.
Despite this talent, however, there is always bound to be some sort of leftovers. And leftovers are my FAVORITE! Truth be told, nine times out of ten I get more excited about the leftovers. I don’t know, something about taking one meal and turning it into five more. The best.
Anywho, as a food blogger, I’ve been prepping for Thanksgiving for weeks! With weeks of prep comes weeks of, YES, my friends, leftovers! This go around I have made two super amazing and delicious leftover Thanksgiving turkey recipes. The first? Cranberry BBQ Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey Pizza Pie. Yes, I realize the name is wordy. No, I am not sorry.
The other recipe? (not your average leftover) Enchiladas.
Each are equally delicious, however, you will have to wait for the enchiladas. I can only work so fast…
So this pizza pie- basically all the best parts of Thanksgiving packed in a buttery crust and covered with cheese. I mean, what’s not to love, right? And it’s super easy to make one, two, three of these things. Perfect for feeding those family guests that seem to have moved in.
But why the BBQ? Ah, great question!
BBQ Chicken pizza is one of my top three favorite pizzas, so this simply made sense. Plus, I’m quite fond of sweet BBQ sauce (over smoky BBQ sauce), so the added leftover cranberry sauce mixed in with the BBQ is like a match made in heaven.
Just trust me on this one.
Cranberry BBQ Leftover Turkey Pizza Pie
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry thawed
- 1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup leftover stuffing
- 1/2 cup leftover Brussels Sprouts Gratin chopped, or Green Bean Casserole
- 1 cup leftover turkey chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Fresh chopped cilantro and thyme to garnish
- Additional BBQ sauce for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Transfer puff pastry sheet to a greased 9-inch pie or tart pan. Carefully trim any puff pastry hanging off the edge of the pie pan and use them to fill in empty spaces on the sides of the pan (see image above).
- In a small bowl mix together the leftover cranberry sauce and bbq sauce and spread half of the mixture over the bottom of the pizza pie. Reserve the rest for later.
- Evenly distribute the stuffing, Brussels Sprouts, turkey, red onion, and fresh cranberries in the pie pan. Spoon remaining bbq sauce mixture over the top and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake and 400 degrees F for 18-20 minutes or until cheese are melted and puff pastry is fully cooked.
- Garnish with shredded cilantro and additional bbq sauce.