Curried Cauliflower is a simple, healthy, and flavorful side dish bursting with warm spices. The mayo dip is heavenly, making it the perfect vegetable side dish for any weeknight meal.
Why You’ll Love Curry Roasted Cauliflower
Gone are the days of bland and mushy cauliflower. A truly versatile and fun vegetable, this recipe transforms it into something truly crave-worthy. These little bites of curried cauliflower goodness are heavenly, and the mayo dip? Incredible. It’s the perfect veggie side dish or snack the whole family will love! Increase or decrease the amount of cayenne powder depending on how spicy you like your food (I love a little heat, so add less if you aren’t a fan).
How do you cook cauliflower so it isn’t mushy?
First, ensure your cauliflower is completely dry before coating the florets with oil and seasonings. Next, make sure to roast the cauliflower in a hot oven (at least 400 degrees F) to achieve a nice crispy exterior. Finally, avoid overcrowding the cauliflower florets on the baking sheet. Cauliflower is naturally high in water and requires airflow between them to avoid steaming.
How to Make Curried Cauliflower
- Chop your cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and lime juice. In a separate, smaller bowl, combine the spices.
- Toss the cauliflower with the spices until coated evenly.
- Transfer the seasoned florets to your prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single, non-overlapping layer.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until browning on the edges and easily pierced with a fork. Flip once halfway through cooking.
- As the cauliflower cooks, combine the ingredients for the curry mayo dip (this can also be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days).
- Remove the roasted curry cauliflower from the oven and drizzle with additional lime juice, if desired. Best enjoyed immediately dunked into your homemade creamy curry mayo.
Air Fryer Curry Cauliflower
This is a fantastic recipe to make in the air fryer. To do so, preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F and prepare the cauliflower as outlined in the recipe card below. Air fry for approximately 15 minutes, flipping every 3-4 minutes.
How to Serve
I often serve this amazing cauliflower recipe as a light lunch or mid-day snack. The curry mayo really ties the whole thing together but isn’t necessary to make this recipe great. I love serving it with main dish recipes, too. Particularly lightly seasoned chicken breast.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- The Best Mashed Cauliflower
- Miso Roasted Cauliflower
- Pineapple Cauliflower Rice
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower
- Cheesy Cauliflower Bake with Bacon
- The Best Mashed Cauliflower Recipe (Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes)
If you try making this Curried Cauliflower Recipe, please leave me a comment below! I always love to read your thoughts and feedback!
For the Cauliflower:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your cauliflower florets in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss the cauliflower until evenly coated. Pour on the lime juice and toss again.
- In a separate, smaller bowl combine all your spices. Sprinkle half the spice mixture over the cauliflower and toss, then pour the remaining spice mixture and toss until each cauliflower floret is evenly coated. Transfer the cauliflower to your lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, turning halfway.
- While your cauliflower is baking, prepare your curried mayo. In a small bowl mix the mayo, Greek yogurt and spices until thoroughly combined. Taste and add any additional spices (or salt!) you find necessary.
- Cauliflower is done when it is easily poked with your fork and florets are starting to brown on the top. Drizzle with fresh squeezed lime juice and dunk in the curried mayo dip!
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)