Skip the carbs with this super yummy and totally easy Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice with Coconut Milk.
Back in the beginning of the year I was completely obsessed with riced cauliflower. I guess you could say I went through a period of no carbs, or low carbs, and cauliflower rice of all varieties was my favorite.
I made several different kinds of cauliflower rice, but this Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice with Coconut Milk was probably one of my favorites.
So easy and tasty, it’s simple enough to make any day of the week, but complex enough in flavor and texture that you could enjoy it alone as a meal or as side. One of my favorite easy dinners is actually this with either leftover shredded chicken or simple sautéed shrimp.
Plus, if you have a kiddo that loves rice, this is a GREAT way to sneak some extra veggies into their diet 🙂
I can’t speak from experience. My child has only just recently started eating rice and it has to be of the Spanish variety. I guess I know what I will be making later this week…
I strongly recommend adding a good handful of cashews in with the pineapple and coconut cauliflower rice, however, I have since tried it with macadamia nuts and it is SO GOOD! But, I have just learned how much I love macadamia nuts, so currently they are making their way into anything and everything.
Pineapple Cashew Cauliflower Rice with Coconut MilkPrint Recipe Pin Recipe Rate Recipe
- Add the coconut oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot add the diced shallots and sauté until soft and lightly brown. Add the minced ginger and salt and stir, cooking for one minute more.
- Mix in the riced cauliflower with the shallots and ginger and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium and cook for for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and mix well. Continue to cook the cauliflower rice for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Mix in the freshly chopped pineapple and cashews and cook to desired doneness.
- Remove from heat and garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and red chili flakes.
(Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and specific brands of ingredients used.)