This easy 5 Ingredient Herb Roasted Butternut Squash with Pine Nuts is an easy fall dish perfect for busy weeknights or added to your holiday menu. Save time in the kitchen and use pre-peeled and chopped butternut squash and already toasted pine nuts.
You guys didn’t think I would get through the holidays without a post dedicated just to butternut squash, did you? No way! Impossible.
Don’t worry, unlike a few of my other butternut squash recipes, this one is about as easy as it gets. Like, silly easy. And, my favorite part? Umm, the ingredients. Or, should I say lack thereof. That’s right, just FIVE ingredients.
But this SUPER easy herb roasted butternut squash isn’t just for the holidays. No really, you guys, do like I do and make it all the time. Why not, right? It’s great with chicken, beef, tossed with noodles, eggs…
Basically, all the things.
So why do I love this super seasonal fruit (yes, that is correct) so much?
- They’re loaded with vitamin A, potassium, fiber and magnesium.
- They can be steamed, sautéed, roasted, toasted, boiled…
- Which means they are incredibly versatile. Delicious in sweet pies or savory stews, butternut squash wears many hats.
- They’re easy to find! And, often times, easy to plant in your very own backyard (although don’t ask me about that last part yet, I’m still waiting for mine).
What are your thoughts? Do you love it too?
What’s your favorite way to enjoy butternut squash?
Easy 5 Ingredient Herb Roasted Butternut Squash with Pine Nuts
- 1 large butternut squash - cubed, (2 1/2 pounds or 8 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- salt + pepper - to taste
- .5 cup toasted pine nuts
- fresh parsley - to garnish (optional)
- fresh rosemary - to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Peel, seed and chop butternut squash into small cubes of approximately equal size (total amount should equal approximately 8 cups).
- Transfer butternut squash, olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Arrange the butternut squash on the prepared baking sheet spread in single layer. Bake at 400 degrees F for approximately 20-25 minutes, or until fork tender and browning around the edges.
- Remove the squash from the oven and transfer to a large serving dish. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and fresh chopped herbs, if desired.
If you love this Herb Roasted Butternut Squash, you may also enjoy these other reader favorites-
(originally posted on September 15, 2017 for Eazy Peazy Mealz as a guest contributor)